Chapter 22

London

Tuesday, March 24th

Just three more months of this pregnancy left, I thought to myself as I was getting dressed.

Today, I had a doctor's appointment and Terrell was taking me. I was going to find out the gender of my baby.

I really wanted to have a baby boy, but Terrell wants it to be a girl so bad so he can spoil her.

Although Terrell isn't my baby's father or my boyfriend, he still wanted to be in my baby's life as a father.

Over the past few months, we had gotten really close and I appreciated everything he was doing for me. He let me live in his house and he buys me whatever I want.

He told me that I didn't have to work because he wanted to take care of me. I thought that was nice and all, but I didn't want to depend on him too much because what happens when he gets tired of me and he wants to kick me out. I would have nothing.

*

"So, what do you think the gender of the baby will be?" Terrell asked, pulling into a parking space.

"I don't think, I know for a fact it's going to be a boy," I said smiling in his face.

He leaned over and grabbed my face to kiss me. His lips were so soft. "And I know for a fact that it's going to be a girl."

"Okay, if it's a boy, you're gonna massage my back and rub my feet when we get home." I said.

"And if it's a girl, you're going to let me name her. First, middle, and last name," He said challenging me.

"Issa Deal," He laughed at me. "Now let's get out this car so I can make my appointment."

Omniscient

After Terrell opened the door for London, they walked hand in hand into the clinic. He made her sit down while he signed her in, then sat down next to her as they waited.

Eight minutes later, London was called to the back.

"How are you feeling today Ms. James?" Dr. Harris asked London as Terrell helped her onto the little bed.

"I'm fine, just ready to get this baby out of me."

London lifted up her shirt and Dr. Harris squeezed the cool jelly on her stomach and started to spread it around searching for the baby's heartbeat.

They finally heard it. Terrell was in awe because he had never experienced anything like that. London looked over and saw how happy he was and she smiled.

Dr. Harris finally showed them all the body parts of the baby.

"Well, it looks like you'll be having a healthy baby girl," she announced.

"What's that? Facts." Terrell said copying Drake, rubbing it in London's face that she wasn't having a boy.

"Whatever," she said laughing, "you just better not give my baby a crazy ass ghetto ass name."

Alazae

The only thing that was in my mind as I laid next to my boyfriend, Carlos, was my baby girl. I missed her so much.

What was I thinking leaving her behind like that, I thought to myself.

People have no idea how much I hate myself for what I did. But I know if I didn't do it, I would have lost Carlos, and I couldn't. I love him with all my heart. Without him, I'd have nothing.

"Alazae!" I heard Carlos yell.

"What," I asked wondering why he was yelling at me.

"I called your name five fucking times, what the hell were you thinking about like that?" He asked me.

"I was thinking about my daughter. I miss her so much," I said on the verge of crying. "Why did you make me do that?"

"Listen to me, you and I both know that it was the best thing for you to do. You have no money and would not have anywhere to go if it wasn't for me. How were you going to take care of a baby when you can barely take care of yourself. And I already told you I wasn't taking care of another man's child."

"You don't understand Carlos. I feel like the most worse person on earth right now. You could have at least let me put her up for adoption instead of leaving her in a fucking park."

"What's done is done and it can't be taken back," Carlos said as he grabbed my neck and choked me hard. He saw I couldn't breathe so he let me go, then kissed me. "Don't ever raise your voice at me like that again," he whispered in my ear.

I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep, dreaming about Cali.

When I find a way back to San Francisco, ima make sure to search all over for my baby.

Romeo

Since Breaunna was sleeping, I was the one taking care of Cali. I had to force her to go to sleep because all she wanted to do was be a mom to Cali.

We've been having her for a little over two weeks and Breaunna was still excited as the day she was when we took her home. 

I decided to get out of the house today, and bring Cali to my mother's house. I wanted to introduce her to the new edition in our family and tell her about the newest edition that's on the way.

After I fed Cali her bottle, I dressed her up and we left.

"Ma!" I yelled as I walked into her house.

"I'm in the kitchen, baby," she yelled back. I hated when she called me her damn baby. I'm a grown ass man.

Before I went into the kitchen, I took Cali out of her car seat and sat it by the door. That thing was heavy as fuck.

"What's up, ma?" I spotted my mom with her back turned towards me at the stove. I walked up and kissed her cheek then took a seat at the table.

She finally turned around to look at me. A confused look swept across her face.

"Son, don't tell me you done got one of these fast ass lil girls pregnant."

"No, mama," I said laughing. "Breaunna and I are just taking care of her as our own."

"I'm not understanding this. So one day y'all just woke up and decided to take care of a child? Please explain this to me. Where is Breaunna anyway? I miss her."

This lady just asked like a million questions at one time.

"She's right where she needs to be, in the bed sleeping. She been busting her ass taking care of the baby." My mom reached across the table and popped me on my mouth.

"No cursing in my fucking house boy," She said. But you just cursed though. "Now tell me about this precious little baby."

I explained to my mother the whole situation.

"I should find that bitch and beat her ass myself. You don't do no shit like that," my mom said.

"I know, ma. But don't involve yourself on this cause Cali good now," I said.
_____________________