Chapter 13.

Devin

I've been trying to contact Breaunna for a while. She hasn't returned any of my phone calls or my texts. I just wanted to apologize to her. But no, she wants to act like she doesn't even know me. Like what we had didn't even matter to her and that's just pissing me off. I see her walking through the hall hugged up on that nigga Romeo and kissing on him all the time. That just makes me even more angry. But I'm about to have her back sooner or later. Just watch. I can't let her slip away from me that easy.

*

"What's popping, old man," my nephew, Antwan, said as he dapped me off.

"So you got any information on Breaunna?" I asked, smiling as I thought of her beautiful face.

"The last time I seen her was at the mall. She got into a white Lamborghini with two other girls."

"Well, why the fuck didn't y'all follow her? What the fuck bruh, Im tired of fucking waiting." I said angrily.

"Quit all that damn yelling at me. You think I'm really bout to sit there and take her in a public place with all those witnesses?"

"You should have fucking did something. That's what I paid your dumb ass to do."

"Man chill out. If you want her that bad, you go get her, otherwise let me handle it. You really tripping, I'm out."

London

Saturday, January 17th

It's been four months since I ran away from California and went to Louisiana to live with my boyfriend, Travis. The reason I left was because I am pregnant.

I know for a fact that my parents were going to kick me out. I couldn't handle telling her about my pregnancy. Travis begged me to move to New Orleans with him. When my parents were out, I packed my bags and left.

I miss my best friend so much. But I just know she probably had forgotten about me already.

You're probably thinking "Why don't you just call or text her".

But that's super hard to do when you have no phone.

I could have sworn that life with Travis was going to be a piece a cake. But it's far from it. Life has been a living hell. All Travis ever does is beat me. He doesn't let me out the house or anything like that. He took my cell phone away so I couldn't call the police, or anyone. He would fuck me then bring another bitch in the house and fuck her too, right in front of me. He doesn't care about me at all. I wish I could get away from him but there is no one to turn to.

"London I'm going out of town for a while. I'll be back, and don't you dare try shit while I'm gone." My abusive ass boyfriend Travis said, slamming the door.

I waited about an hour after he left to search for my cell phone, or anything to help me communicate with someone. I couldn't find shit.

I got a little tired so I decided to go lay on the couch to watch a movie on the tv. I moved some of the pillows back to get more comfortable. As I was picking up pillows, I saw Travis' Rose Gold 6s+ just lying there. He must've forgotten it.

I wasted no time as I immediately called Breaunna's cell phone. I really hoped she picked up.

Breaunna

"Stop, Romeo. Ss-stop." I said through all my laughter.

He got on top of me and tickled me even more. I could've died right there because I was so out of breath.

Romeo leaned in for a kiss, but before he could actually do it, I jumped up to answer my now ringing phone. I checked to see who it was, but it was an unknown number.

Me: Hello?

Unknown: Bre, I'm in trouble and I need your help.

Me: London?

London: Yes, it's me. I really really need your help.

My heart sunk as she told me why she left and what was happening to her. I wanted to kill that nigga who put his hands on her.

"I'm going to get you help, Lun. Drop your location and I promise I'll get you some help." I told her.

After she hung up, I told Romeo about London's situation.

"I'm going to ask Terrell to go and get her." He said. "I got this."

"I love you sooo much Romeo. Thank you, thank you."

"I love you too, Bre." He said, kissing me all over. I'm so excited. I missed my bestfriend.