Sally XXX

Sally shakily stretched out her arms and legs, going on all fours. She crept to the door...

Bang.

Nobody expected the hooded man to suddenly pull out a pistol and shoot at the door.

It took a while for Percy to take notice his mother collapsing to the ground, a long stain of blood left on the wall, tailing back to his mother, who was clutching her abdomen, her face scrunched up into a painful expression.

"...MOM!"

Before Percy could react, the man already had his foot positioned at Percy's chest, fixing him at the wall, unable to move, unable to help his mother.

"No... let me go! Let go! Mom! MOM!"

Despite the heartbreaking cries of the young demigod, the man laughed viciously. His head turned to Sally, who was now stained in a large pool of her own blood. He tutted.

"Should have shot through the heart."

Sally felt heartbroken seeing her son so distressed. His eyes were burning, a fiery fire flickering in his eyes, showing hatred, but at the same time, they were filled with the worry and despair that she had once prayed that she would never see in her life.

Truth be told, Sally wasn't in the pain she should be feeling. The elixir was showing its effects, and the pain had already resided into a dull throb. The only regret Sally had was that she couldn't tell Percy that she wasn't dying, at all.

Sally tried her best to muster a painful face, in which the man and the girl seemed to be buying it. However, it may be so real that her little Percy was also believing it.

"I-I'm okay, Percy." Sally was surprised at how raspy and tired her voice sounded, as though she was really in pain. "I'm fine."

"N-no!" Percy cried, desperately trying to pry the huge foot off his chest, sadly to no avail. "Mom! Please! Don't!"

"Percy..."

The man's lip pursed at Percy's desperation, sadistic flames dancing in his eyes.

"My, my... now I wonder..."

He handed the pistol towards the girl beside him, who almost at once understood and took the pistol, slowly approaching Sally's unmovable body. Sally hitched a short breath.

Oh great.

So much for not worrying Percy.

Not that Sally would die, but Percy...

"NO!" Percy screamed, his fingers were now scraped and bleeding from trying to pry off the heavy boot from his chest. "NOT MOM! NO! I can't.."

Tears were streaming on his cheeks now, his sea-green eyes were now blurry, his tears fell onto the cold bare ground, and scattered at the contact, like crystals shattering on impact.

Like Sally's heart breaking at the sight of her little baby.

Tears were threatening to fall from Sally's eyes.

I'm so sorry, Percy. I'm so so sorry.

"Well?" The cold-hearted man raised an eyebrow at the spluttering Percy, who kept on shaking his head like when he was a kid, refusing to take medicine. He covered his face with his bloodied hands. "Are you..."

"W-Wait," Sally suddenly coughed, surprising the other occupants of the room, Percy stopped crying. "You're..."

"Drew." The girl rolled her eyes, annoyed by her interruption. "Drew Tanaka, host of Gaia, now shut up before I shove this bullet into your brain. I am going to do that, you know."

Well, so much for trying to postpone the whole thing.

The man glared at Sally. "As I was saying..." Percy was shaking now, his hands still at his face, droplets of his tears were seeping through his fingers. "Are you going to tell us? Or not?"

"I DON'T KNOW!" Percy screamed, his withdrew his hands, leaving crimson stained on his face, the tears falling faster, the crystal-like tears shattering in a more rapid motion. "I really don't... please..."

The man looked at Drew, who was now smirking, holding out the pistol, aiming for Sally's heart

I'm so sorry I can't tell you Percy... I'll get back to you, right after I meet your father, okay? So please... bear with it... Don't fall apart... please...

"Do the honours, please."

Drew laughed.

"With pleasure."

Sally felt nothing when she heard the bang of the object that pierced through her heart. The only thing she had to do was to fall down and close her eyes.

I'm so sorry, Percy.

She tried to ignore the screams of her son, the heart-shattering cries. She felt herself being lifted up, and she heard the twisting of the doorknob, then the gush of wind that blew on her face. 

Sally smelt the freshening scent of the grass, the humming of insects.

She was free.

The figure who threw her out (ouch) disappeared at the slam of the door. And Sally opened her eyes, massaging her sore muscles and broke into a run.

I'll come back, Percy. I promise. 

****

Author's note: 

OMG I'M BACK!!! So actually I found this chapter rotting away in my notes so I decided to bring you all a surprise before finishing off this book (yay!!) It's been so long since I was online and I am so honoured for such praise from all of you :') I swear I read every single one of them even if I didn't reply, and I'm so happy that you all enjoyed this story so much :) Thank you for all of your continuous support and I'll do my best and complete everything so that you all can enjoy this little baby I've been creating for years :D So... hope you enjoy this chapter ;) 

YoungGalxxx