Annabeth X

“Percy, watch out!” Annabeth cried, as she saw Percy fell onto the ground from the blow to the head. “You bastard…” she tried to move to Percy’s side, but somehow, she couldn’t. It was so dark. She couldn’t see anything clearly. Actually, she couldn’t do anything. “Percy!” she had to do something, she couldn’t just stand there and do nothing. Fear and panic started to numb her brain as her stomach twisted in knots as the dark figure hovered over Percy’s motionless body. Annabeth couldn’t think. She didn’t know what to do. She once again tried to move, but it was pointless. Nothing happened. Her eyes widened in horror as she saw the dark figure raise a hand, holding the gun which was used to deliver the blow, as the tip settled itself at Percy’s head. The sound of the bullet tore through Annabeth’s heart like it tore through… 

PERCY!” 

She bolted up from the bed, sitting straight up, panting heavily. Droplets of sweat were running down her forehead, as she ran a hand through her hair. Her heart was pounding loudly in her chest.

"Gods, such dreams that I have." she laughed, her voice shaky. She turned round, hoping to grab the glass settled on the bedside table, but her hand was trembling furiously. Annabeth withdrew her hand immediately. Tears were brimming at her eyes, and it was the first time she had felt so...

Lost.

What's happening? What's going on?She had been having these dreams ever since Poseidon came to visit Percy. Was there some connection between Poseidon’s arrival and her dreams? Annabeth knew how demigod dreams worked. 

Anxiety was getting the better of her, so she got off her bed, hastily slipping on a coat and stepped out into the cool, breezy, midnight air. Her heart was pounding in her chest as she inhaled deeply, and silently walked to the infirmary. 

She twisted the doorknob slowly, and to her surprise, the door opened. 

Wasn’t it supposed to be locked?

She peeked into the infirmary. 

Di Immortales. 

Percy Jackson’s bed was empty. 

“Oh gods,” Panic was the only thing left in Annabeth’s senses, as she called out Percy’s name, probably waking the whole camp, but she didn’t care. The only thing that she cared about was: where’s Percy? 

Fear numbed her senses as she ran from place to place, from the Poseidon cabin to the Big House, and she even checked the forest. Nothing. She couldn’t find him. Where was he? Her heart was racing in her chest as the atmosphere around her became colder and colder with every ticking second. Annabeth felt a lump in her throat that she couldn’t swallow. She was so numbed with panic and fear she couldn’t even think properly. 

In desperation, she went to the only place left. 

The beach. 

To her despair, she couldn’t see anyone at first sight. Perhaps it was only because of the tears that were still unwilling to fall from her eyes, burring her vision, but after a moment of silence to herself, Annabeth saw a faint figure of a young man sitting in the water, the tides soaking his slacks, washing up to the shore and pulled back into the sea by the currents repeatedly. His head was looking down as if he were watching the tides move in and out.

Annabeth slowly walked to Percy’s side, unsure of what to do, as she knelt down beside him silently, his misty eyes staring at his soaked sneakers, his face showing no expression, his pupils were dialated, as if he was already dead, but unexpectedly, tears started falling from those dead eyes. 

Help me.” Percy muttered softly, the silent tears pouring out of his dead seaweed green eyes. “Please, help me save her.