Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Charles POV

I was waiting at the hospital for Ashley to arrive. The nurses already took my blood to use for Clara, and they were now testing my eligibility. My leg was bouncing up and down so fast on my chair.

I wish they would begin the procedure already. I wanted Clara recovered as soon as possible so we could take her home.

"Excuse me, sir." I lifted up my head to the nurse who was calling my attention. She signaled me to follow her and I followed to an office. She sat a desk and I sat across from her.

She gathered some papers and handed them back to me. " We have been able to contact your clinic for more information on the medical history of your family."

"Okay so we have tested your blood in the lab and we regret to inform that you are not eligible to donate blood to your daughter."

I looked at the papers closely.

Charles Tomenson
Blood type : A

Ashley Tomenson
Blood type: B+

Clara Tomenson
Blood type: O-

I scanned the papers up and down ten times just to make sure that the papers weren't wrong. I never knew that Clara was a type O.

"Ma'am how is it that we produced a child with an O blood type. That's not possible."

"Well is your daughter adopted?" The nurse insisted.

My eyes widened in shock, " How dare you ask me that? Of course she's not !"

The thought never crossed my mind. Ashley would never cheat on me.

The nurse looked frightened as she shrunk into her seat, " I- I'm sorry sir. I will go talk with the doctor and see if the child's mother is here so we can have a proper discussion." She hurried out of her seat and practically ran out of the room.

Any other time I would have felt bad for scaring her like that but I was too angry. I couldn't just sit sit there so I got up and left the room. I walked right into Ashley. The person who I wanted and didn't want to see at the same time.

"Charles, would you be careful-"

"Ashley, get in here right now." I demanded and pulled her arm inside of the room.

I let go of her arm and snatched the paper and held it up to her face. "What is this?"I asked her.

She gently grab the paper and took her time reading it. " I -I think they made a mistake." She stammered quickly.

I laughed, "No I don't fucking think so," I slowly rub my face with my hands, "Ashley, tell me this, is Clara my daughter?"

Ashley let a tear fall down her face and began to quietly sob.

"Are you fucking kidding me!?" I yelled. It wasn't that Ashley cheated on me, it was more so that she pretended that a child was mine when it wasn't. Clara is old enough to know who I am, and it would confuse her if I stopped coming around less because she wasn't my responsibility. But I couldn't lie about my loved for Clara. Is till feel as though she was mine.

I took a breath, "You what Ashley, thank you because this just makes my decision for leaving your ass much more easier. Find Clara's fucking father so he can give blood or talk to the doctors about a separate donor. If anything happens to Clara, I swear you will never see her again and will be having to scrap through garbage to eat a decent meal. Do I make myself clear?" I walking towards her.