Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Charles

"I'm going to miss you." I said to Ashley, reaching out to her for a hug. Ashley avoided my hug, going around me to pick Clara up.

"Mummy." Clara said kissing Ashley's cheek.

The press watching us from outside of the airport awed at the action.

"Ashley, I understand that you are upset with me but people are watching us and they will definitely suspect something when Queen Ashley doesn't kiss her husband goodbye." I said slightly whispering in her ear when I leaned into her.

Ashley turned to me and rolled her eyes before giving me a hug. "Take care of my daughter okay?" She whispered coldly into my ear.

I flinched. Clara was my daughter too.

Ashley pulled away and looked at me. I knew she was still angry with me, and she had every right to be, but I could still see love in her eyes. She loved me and sadly I couldn't say the same.

Ashley gave me Clara and turned to go into our private plane.

***

"Daddy ! Ice cweam!" Clara yelled into my face while I was watching football (soccer).

"No Clara. It's too late for ice cream, okay?" I said not taking my eyes off the screen. Damn Ashley for introducing Clara to ice cream. Now she wants it all the time. It's the first thing she says to me when she wakes up. No more 'morning Daddy'.

Clara pouted as she teared up. Now I had no choice but to give her ice cream or else she would start her terrible, long-lasting tantrums. I watched her cover her face in vanilla ice cream as a took a good look at my daughter. It was quite strange how Clara had none of my features, except for my brown hair. I always imagined my child looking exactly like me, not the exact opposite.

Bianca

I pulled back from Anthony. It's taking everything in me not to slap him right now. What part of 'we can't be together' does he not understand?

"Anthony, What the hell is wrong with you? Did we not just discuss this, literally a second ago?" I asked standing up and throwing the sketch book at him.

"Bianca I'm sorry. It was just a spur of the moment type thing?" It sounded like he was trying to convince himself instead of me.

"Spur of the moment type thing? Do you actually expect me to believe that bullshit? Do I look stupid to you or something?" I'm getting really angry and I need to calm down now. A positive thing out this is, I think I'm kind of sober now.

"Bianca-"

"Anthony, go. " I demanded.

"I-"

"Go, now! " I yelled at him.

"Bianca I can't leave you!" He got up from the sand.

"Why the fuck not?"

"Because I like -I was your ride here." He stammered. He looked exhausted.

"I can find another ride." I spat, looking at him. My face said, 'really that's your excuse?'

"Bianca please don't let my stupid mistake ruin our friendship. I'm really sorry and if you don't want me to kiss you again, I swear I won't."

I sighed, agreeing. I really love having Anthony as a friend. As my only friend right now.

"Here." He handed me the sketch book.

I laughed. "Sorry for throwing it at your head."

Anthony shook his head chuckling. "I kind of deserved it."
***
"Bianca can you come to my office please." My boss, Julia called me from my phone. I left my office in a nervous state. Actually I'm not nervous, I haven't done anything wrong.

I knocked on the door, and opened it when I heard "Come in."

"Hello Bianca. This here is Ashley Tomenson and she is opening up a bookstore. She needs help with the book placement and basically everything that goes on in a bookstore." Julia said. Julia was standing next to a blonde lady who looked a lot like a young Jennifer Aniston. Besides that, she looked really familiar but I'm positive that I don't know who she is.

"Hello Miss Bianca." She smiled at me sticking her hand out. I shook hands with her while smiling with her and greeting her back.

"Okay well thanking you for visiting Ashley and we will start as soon as tomorrow."

"Thank you guys so much!" She gushed and hugged both me and Julia.

After she left, Julia told me to have a seat.

"Okay Bianca, this will be the most important task for you right now. Out of all my employees, I trust you with making this woman's bookstore a success. Ashley says that she wants it to be done in a few months. If you do well, I will promote you to my executive director. And if you fail, well I don't have to tell you what will happen if that happens." Julia gave a small smile.

When it came to business, Julia never ceased to scare me. "I wont disappoint you on this, Julia." I smiled. I need to do good on this. I could be executive director of this company.

"Good, now back to work." She smiled at me.

I exited her office and bumped into someone on the way to mine.

"Oh, hello." I said awkwardly. It was Ashley. What was she still doing here?

"Hi Bianca. I just got lost on the way out. This place is very big." She grinned sheepishly.

"No worries, I'll guide you out. " Ashley followed me to the elevator.

"So, Ashley what would like to have in your bookstore." I asked her. This was a good moment to start knowing about my client and what she likes.

"Well, I have already picked out a large place for my bookstore. I want different centers, like a teen, children, and an adult center. So different varieties of books will be needed. Um, I would like a website too." She said.

"Oh well, the books, we can order as many as you'd like. With the website, we have some workers with design experience, such as myself, to do the website. And what do you want your bookstore name to be?" I asked her becoming annoyed with how long the elevator was taking.

When she began to speak the elevator doors opened, and we stepped inside. "I was hoping that you could choose a name for me?" She asked with a nervous smile.

"Oh Ashley, I would love too." Ashley seemed like a good client to work with. I mean, she was letting me choose the name of the store.

We had reached the lobby.

"Okay, we could start tomorrow." She said, she looked so happy.

"Absolutely." I smiled back.

She did the unexpected, and came over and hugged me tight. "Sorry, I'm just really appreciative. I've always wanted a bookstore but I never had money to do it. Now, I do."

"I'll be sure then to create the best bookstore in New York." I smiled again.

"Bye Miss Bianca." She waved, leaving.

I waved back. Still confused as to why she looked so damn familiar.

Well guys, I am sorry that I keep taking so long. But it's worth it right? No, okay. Have a nice day :)