Chapter 13

Unedited

** On top is s picture of Anthony **

Chapter 13

Charles POV

I walked into Ashley's apartment. I opened the door to a frantic Ashley and a crying Clara.

"What's wrong?" I asked Ashley. I rushed past her to pick up Clara. Clara seemed to be in pain. Her face was red.

"I don't know she's been crying all day and hasn't eaten. i think there is something wrong with her stomach. It's swelled up even though she didn't eat anything." Ashley ran her fingers through her hair which was a sign that she was frustrated.

"Maybe we should take her to the hospital." I suggested. This wasn't a stomach ache that Clara had. She's never cried for this long.

Ashley rolled her eyes, "No we don't have to take her to the hospital. I'm sure she's fine." Ashley walked towards me and stretched her arms out as a gesture for me to hand her Clara.

"Oh, i'm sorry Ashley. I didn't know you were a doctor. You can't just assume she's alright!" I rocked Clara back and forth and tried to calm her down. There was definitely something wrong with Clara but it was weird that she's never shown any sign of pain before.

"I don't want to take her to a hospital here. Let's at least fly her out to London." Ashley said and went to the fridge. She took out a bottle of milk.

I shook my head. Ashley was so annoying. She's obviously not a good mother if she thinks that's Clara's behavior is normal. "I'm taking her to the emergency room with or without you." I finally said and walked to Ashley's bedroom. I gently placed Clara in her playpen where she continued to cry. Seeing her cry was breaking my heart.

I grabbed the pink diaper bag and began filling it with clothes, diapers, and Clara's shoes. I grabbed my cellphone and dialed my drivers cell and told him to meet me at Ashley's apartment complex.

I hung the diaper bag on my arm and put on Clara's shoes.

Ashley walked up to me and crossed her arms, "Charles, we do not need to take her to a hospital. It will bring us a lot of attention and that's the least thing I want right now-"

I sharply turned to face Ashley, "Is that seriously what you're worried about right now!"

She took a step back and looked shock, "Don't yell-"

"Our daughter is crying and she is in pain, just look at her-" I pointed at Clara, " do you think that is normal. And you are complaining about the press? That really shows how much you love her, you're even more of a shitty mother than I thought you were!"

My face turn to the right as I felt a sharp, stinging sensation on my left cheek. Ashley just slapped me.

I looked at her, she was teary eyed. " Don't you ever, " she pointed her finger at me, "question my love for my daughter. I love Clara to death and you know that."

I took a deep breath and picked up Clara. No matter how angry I was at Ashley, I would never put my hands on her or any women for that matter. I walked to the bedroom door and turned around to look at Ashley.

"Don't you ever put your hands on me again. Or else there will be hell to pay." I spat. I slammed her bedroom door so hard I surprised it didn't fall off the hinges.

I made it downstairs quickly. My driver, Edward, came out to help me put Clara into her car seat.

"Your highness, is she alright?" Edward asked with a concerned expression.