Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Bianca's POV

Work was harder than usual today since I didn't get enough sleep last night. Charles and I were too busy talking about everything. And I really meant everything. We went from topic to topic and never got bored. I left his hotel room and went home at midnight. He insisted that I stay the night, but of course, I said no.

Right now, I was at Ashley's bookstore, organizing everything. This book store would be open in less than a month, it should've taken longer but I've been working extra hard to get that promotion.

"Bianca everything looks perfect so far." Ashley spoke, snapping me out of my almost- nap. I kept drifting off.

I turned around and plastered a smile on my face. "Thank you. It will look even better when it's done."

The bookstore open which made a ringing noise. I insisted that have a loud ringing noise in a library while people are trying to read is a horrible idea. But the customer is always right.

I looked up and became shocked and annoyed immediately.

Charles waltzes in his expensive royal blue suit which looks amazing on him. I was annoyed because New York is not a small city. Why do we have to run in to each other?

Ashley smiles and walks to Charles. When she gets to Charles they kiss passionately. The action left me confused, they are together? It also left me irritated. Charles always gave me reason that he couldn't be trusted. But then I was surprised to know that my client was Charles' wife, it's a small world.

"How are you baby?" Ashley asked, Charles responded politely and then took a look around. Charles hasn't seem to notice my presence yet and I hoped that it stayed that way.

"The bookstore is coming out great." Charles said. He made a full turn but still didn't seem to grasp the fact that I was standing a few feet away from him.

"I know and it's all thanks to the help from-" Ashley pointed me out to Charles smiling brightly, "Bianca."

Charles looked at me and if I wasn't trying to be serious at the moment I would burst out in laughter. His surprised expression was comical. I couldn't help but let out a chuckle.

I walked up to Charles. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Sir Charles." I smiled putting out my hand for him to shake.

He smirked, " The pleasure is all mine Miss Bianca. My wife and I are grateful for what you have done to this place." He grabbed my hand, shaking it. Charles being the man he is, held my hand for longer than usual and used his thumb to make gentle circles on my hand. It felt good but I was surprised that no one notice the action. I pulled my hand back gently and inwardly rolled my eyes.

"Bianca you've worked hard enough today, go on a lunch break and take the rest of the day off." Ashley said.

I smiled, " Thank you, Ms. Ashley but that's about five hours that I can get something done out of this place." I had to decline, since Ashley's been my client, I have been working for less than five hours a day.

"Non sense, you work very hard. You deserve it," Ashley smiled, "now, go get yourself something to eat."

"Why don't we all go get something to eat?" Charles suggested, smirking at me. I didn't really know what Charles was trying to do but I wasn't in for it.

"No thank you, my boyfriend and I are going on a lunch date." I said smirking right back at Charles. His eyes instantly darkened.

"We can go on a double date then?" Ashley suggested.