Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Charles

I woke up in the morning and went to go to take a shower. After I was done taking a shower is when I realized that Ashley wasn't home. I went in Clara's room and she was gone. I was really annoyed because I wanted to spend the day with her.

I went into the living room when Ashley walked in.

"Hey baby." She smiled at me, taking her heels off.

"Where is my daughter?" I asked, ignoring her greeting. I didn't ignore her on purpose, I just wanted to know where my child was, as any parent would.

She frowned, "Our daughter is at my sister's house."

"Why?" I asked becoming quickly irritated.

"Because you and I need to spend time together." She pouted coming towards me.

I sighed, I guess a little time together wouldn't hurt.

"Fine."

~*~

"Charlie, I want to start a business." Ashley said and I cringed when she called me "Charlie."

We went out to eat at the local diner.

"What kind of a business?" I asked her sipping my drink.

"I want to open up a bookstore." She smiled widely.

Bianca

I got out of the taxi and walked into the building.

Once I got into my office I was surprised by all of my co-workers standing in my office with cake, balloons, gifts, and a bottle of wine? Red wine, I hoped.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Everyone yelled.

August 16, is my birthday. I am 20 years old today. I can't believe I forgot about my own birthday.

"Oh my god guys..." I gasped.

I turned to my left and saw my parents and my baby brother standing there. "Mama!, Don!"

I ran to them and gave them a tight hug."Hey Bianca." Mama and Don said in sync.  I released them and took Christopher out of Mama's arms.

"Hi baby." I kissed him on the cheeks as he giggled a cute sound that I hadn't heard in weeks.

"Thank you all for doing this for me. This really means a lot." I announced to my co-workers and friends.

"You are welcome but Anthony is the one who deserves all the thanks. He planned this all out.." Julia, my boss said.

"Anthony?" I turned towards him.

"Happy Birthday Bianca." He said kissing my cheek. "I'll give you your present later." He whispered into my ear. I smiled at him.

"Okay everyone get back to work and we'll continue this later at Bianca's party." Julia said while winking at me.

Party? Wow, I really had some nice friends.

Everyone left my office along with my parents and Christopher who promised to be at my birthday party later. i turned around to see Anthony sitting on my chair.

"Thank you so much for doing this." I said going to open up the bottle of whatever.

"No problem baby girl." I looked at him and smiled.

"What? No, 'my name is Bianca, not baby girl' today?" Anthony asked, chuckling.

"I suppose you could call me baby girl for just today." I shrugged smirking.

"Okay let's go." Anthony stood up and took my hand.

"What do you mean?" I asked him grabbing my bottle. It was red wine, so I Definitely wasn't going to leave that here.

"We're going shopping for African clothes." He smiled at me.

"Why African?" I asked.

"You are African aren't you?" He looked worried.

"Yes sweetheart." I nodded.

"You called me sweetheart." He ginned at me with a lot of emotion.

"Oh shut up." I laughed jokingly.

~*~

"I want this in black ." I said to the old African lady who seemed to hate me for some reason. I mean I was African and so was she so I expected her to adore me, not despise me.

"Africans only have colorful clothing." She said rolling her eyes.

That's exactly what my mom said to me at her and Don's wedding. She forced me to wear pink African clothes. I was so miserable that day.

"Fine then, I'll get white." I said smiling at the women, who snatched the clothing out my hands.

I breathed deep breaths before I started cursing out the lady, and I really didn't want to do that.

"Calm down Bianca." Anthony said.

"Trust me Anthony I am very calm right now." I said sitting down on a chair.

Anthony came and sat on my lap.

"Oh my God Anthony. You are so heavy." I groaned.

"That's nice to know." He laughed.

"Get off me." I laughed trying to push him off me.

" Oh! You nasty children, no fornication in my store!" The African lady yelled, returning with my clothes.

Anthony quickly got off me while I continued sitting down glaring at her.

"Are you going to try these on, or are you going to stare at me all day ? "She crossed her arms.

I stood up, "Do you want to-"

"Bianca, don't." Anthony scolded me. I took the clothes out of the woman's hands and went to go try them on.

~*~

"Have a nice day." Anthony smiled at the lady.

"Shut up."The lady said slamming the door in our faces.

Anthony looked at the door and then at each other and I know we were both thinking the same thing.

Charles

"A bookstore?" I asked her. No offense to Ashley but she wan't the smartest woman in the world. Ashley trying to run a bookstore is something I can barely imagine.

"Yes. But I don't want a bookstore in England." She said holding her face up with her hand.

"Where then?" I asked curiously.

Where else then here?

"I want a bookstore in New York. I miss being in New York so much. I haven't been there in forever." She said staring off into space.

New York.

New York.

Bianca lived in New York. I could never go there again.

"Ashley if you want to start a bookstore in New York then I support you one hundred percent." I said leaning back in my seat.

She sat up in her chair and looked at me excitedly, "Does that mean we are going to America for a while?"

"No I am going to stay here with Clara while you go to New York."

She looked upset. I leaned over the table and kissed her lips. It was really hard for me, I was kissing the wrong person.

"But I will be here when you get back baby." I reassured her, just wanting to see her smile.

I used Clara as my reason why I couldn't go, but I obviously knew the real reason why.

I am a coward who is terrified of reuniting with his lover, even though it's not likely to happen.

I am so sorry this took so long. Comment and vote for more!!!