Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Bianca's POV

"Class dismissed. Have a good day everyone." My professor, Steve said. He was really cool, he even let everyone called him Steve instead of professor.

I put away my laptop and stood up in my chair. Since I sat at the very top, I had to go down so many steps just to get to the exit. I left the classroom and started walking down the hallway. My next stop was work.

I have classes three times a week from 9 am to 12:30 pm and i go to work from 1 pm to 6 pm. I have a pretty relaxing schedule going on.

"What's up baby girl?" I looked to my right and it was Anthony. Anthony was my annoying classmate who had a crush a me and just so happened to be my coworker. He was Dominican who had perfect hazel eyes and a perfect face. Too bad he was annoying.

"My name is Bianca okay? Not baby girl." I rolled my eyes walking faster.

Anthony ran in front of me and stopped me in my tracks. "You going to work baby girl?"

"Yes Anthony." I sighed.

"Alright, let me drive you." He moved out of my way and came back to my side.

"No thank you." I smiled at him. Even though I didn't like him, his offer was very sweet.

"Why not?" He pouted.

"Because I'm hungry, I want to eat something." I said walking through the door as Anthony held it open for me.

"Okay no problem. I'll buy you something to eat and then we can go to work together." He smiled excitedly.

"Anthony thank you for the offer but no thank you. See you later." I gave him a sad smile. Of course, i feel horrible for turning him down all of the time but I'm not trying to be in another relationship. I hailed for a taxi to take me home.

~*~

I rushed to my office when in the hallway. Somehow I took a long nap and woke up past 1 pm and I didn't even get to eat. I opened my office door and was surprised to see him.

Anthony was sitting in my chair behind my desk with a cup of coffee or tea and a brown bag from Starbucks.

I closed my door and put down my purse. I went around the desk and stood in front of Anthony crossing my arms.

"You're late." He smirked at me.

I rolled my eyes. "I know that. What I want to know is why you're in my office."

"I brought you lunch." He smiled and handed the food items to me.

I sighed. "Thank you Anthony. You didn't have to."

"I wanted to."

"Where am I going to sit Anthony?" I asked him looking around for a place to sit.

"On my lap baby girl." He smirked patting his lap.

"You wish." I laughed.

"Yeah I do." He said quietly.

"I'll just sit on my desk then." I got on the desk in front of him. He pulled his chair so that he was between my legs.

He looked down at my feet and laughed.

"What?" I asked.

"You're the only woman in here that wears sneakers with business attire."

I looked down at my black Jordan's, which matched my black pant suit.

"I hate wearing heels. And you're wearing sneakers too" I said taking out my sandwich.

"Yeah well i'm a guy."

"So because you're a guy, you get to wear sneakers and I have to wear heels?"

"You're such a feminist." He said laying his head on my lap.

"Don't you have work to do?" I asked him putting away my sandwich so I could save it for later.

"You and I finished all of our work for this week remember? We didn't even have to come today." He lifted his head up from my lap.

"So why did you come today?And why didn't you tell me that sooner? " I asked annoyed.

"I came so I could see you." He stood up.

"That's great but i'm going home." I got off the desk and put my sandwich in my purse.

"Can I at least get a kiss?" He rubbed his lips with his finger.

"A kiss for what?" I asked leaving my office and making sure that he closed the door on his way out.

"For getting you lunch of course." He put his arm around my waist.

"A kiss on the cheek?" He stopped and leaned me against the wall.

"i'll take what I can get." He shrugged.

I sighed and went to put my lips against his cheek. But then at the very last second of when I was going to kiss his cheek, he turned his face and I ended up kissing his lips.

"Finally !" Anthony yelled.

"Anthony."I said angry at the fact that I got tricked, and more importantly at the fact that I kissed him.

"See you Monday, baby." He winked at me walking away.

Charles POV

"It's time to go to sleep sweetie." I smiled at my daughter, Clara.

"Okay daddy." She smiled back at me and got into bed.

"What story would you like me to read today princess?" I asked going over to the bookshelf.

"Cinderella!" She cheered, clapping her hands.

I took out the Cinderella book and went to go sit at the edge of her bed after tucking her in.

"Once upon a time........"

***

I closed Clara's bedroom door very gently so she wouldn't wake up. I turned around and walked into the devil herself, Ashley. Instead of speaking to her, I went around her and down the stairs.

"Charles you can't ignore me forever." Ashley spoke, following me down the stairs.

"I know I can't you're always here." I said going into the kitchen.

"Charles what is this about? We were fine, and now you're rude, distant, and you don't even pay attention to me."

Ashley walked in front of me and blocked the cabinet. She wasn't really blocking it since it was above her head and I could easily reach it, but it was hard to ignore her presence.

"Move Ashley." I said irritated.

"This is because of that black girl isn't it? God Charles it's been two years, get over her already!"I sighed remembering Bianca. I miss her so much.

"Don't you dare talk about her like that!" I glared at her.

"So this is about her," Ashley crossed her arms. She shook her head."I hate you Charles!" ,she yelled and ran upstairs.

I went into the cabinet and grabbed a red wine.

Bianca loves red wine.

I drank the liquid from the bottle without taking a cup. I needed to forget about Bianca before I started crying. I wish I didn't have to forget about her.

How did you guys like the first chapter? Comment and vote!!!