Chapter Fifteen

A taste of agony makes a man stronger and tougher. But a taste of glory makes a man arrogant and prideful.

---Second Earth Online, Anonymous

Today is Friday and Nex was almost done in school. Organization and Management is his last subject for the day but most of his time is preoccupied at staring at Lexie who is busily studying the Professor's lessons, but he did not miss any notes on every subject to be studied later.

"This is it for today! Please don't forget to answer the questions on page 69 on your module tonight okay? Class Dismissed!" Their Professor for Organization & Management said before going out of the room. Everyone went from quiet to noisy as they packed their things wan hurriedly went out of the classroom with a single objective in mind, Second Earth Online. But Nex walked out alone. His best friend did not accompany him anymore, the rumours around say that Pierre was transferred to an international school abroad due to his parents' orders right after Second Earth Online Grand Launching. From that day, Nex did not hear any word from his best friend nor any message. But it was still a miracle that the Wireless Fidelity Modem in their house was still usable for the past months.

Over the days that passed, he was unsuccessful in making ay friends because of his tight schedule. Also, he was satisfied that Fawn, Annie and Jake were around whenever he logs back in, but sometimes, he wonders what it feels like to walk home with your friends, exchanging stories, laughing and enjoying each other.

Jake and Annie said that they were home-schooled so they do not go to a school university. They said it was favourable for them in many ways even though they have no real life friends. Fawn on the other hand has started her school year in another university near their home. Because of this, there are only a few times that they meet in a day over weekdays whilst their schedule was fully occupied inside the game on weekends except for important occasions like eating, taking a bath, having a regular exercise and so on. But most of their time was spent in the game.

He entered their household and was greeted by the usual warm atmosphere and a lively room. "I'm home!" He shouted at once after leaving his shoes on the cabinet.

"Welcome home honey! Snacks are on the table!" his mother shouted back coming from her room.

He first did his usual deed in their household, helping his mother do the chores, attend to hi assignments projects, presentations and such, and have first a review of what he had written on his hardbound notebook. One good thing 'bout him is that, his studies isn't getting affected by the game. He knows his priorities and limitations while keeping himself happy and knowledgeable.

"Hello Nex! Late again huh? It's almost morning already." Fawn greeted once he was done with everything he needed to do, his body now deserves a couple of hours' rest but his consciousness is still active. Only that he, had to first put an alarm to wake his body up when breakfast time approaches.

Currently, they were still in their hideout but it was getting more lively and well-lit than the last time. The four started decorating the cave and were expanding their room full with lanterns, chests, and other storage devices.

"The whole cave is even brighter than the last time I have seen it." Nex complimented, he looked around and glued his attention on the glass chandelier above them. It was large enough to match Fawn's size. "Wow, when did you start this renovation? Just today?"

"Yes, it is surprising to see that the three of us have similarly the same schedule for break time so we used up all of that time doing this." Fawn replied while pointing out to every direction that they had a makeover.