Chapter Nine

Second Earth is divided into 5 continents, Deia being the largest one, here lies Starting Point, White Clover Village and many more. Home to humans, fairies, angels, elves and demons alike.

---Second Earth Online Guide for Gaming, Continents

The strong scent of the flowers did not affect the tiny Domestic Monsters like butterflies which made them flutter all around the shrine. Fireflies were there too giving the whole place with a tiny glow. The other bigger monsters were watching cautiously from afar as a tiny blue light swirled over a spot in the air. It grew and formed a silhouette of a man, moments later, Nex successfully logged in. He looked at the surroundings and got slightly surprised to see only himself there, the others were still not around and the silence is bugging him, not to mention there are malicious eyes watching his every movement.

He decided to wait for the others since it would be too selfish for him if he decided to do something on his own and not waiting for others. Silence wrapped itself over his area. He waited and waited for almost an hour until he got so bored. It was enough waiting time when they still won't show up. He is sure they are fine but they are an hour late. He remembered the malicious eyes all around him and an idea struck his brain.

"In order to help my friends, I need to acquire much power and strength. I will need your aid in that process." He glared back at the monsters on his side. He released the evil feeling he has and a grin showed up in his face. He levelled his unsheathed sword in his chest and slowly went out to the circle of pillars. He aimed its tip on the foremost monster almost covered in the bushes.

"YAAAAH!" With a loud battle cry, he dashed forward putting his energy in the hilt of the sword and started slashing the nearest monster he approached which happens to be a Night Goblin. With his speed, the Night Goblin was quite surprised by his first incoming attack that it has no time reacting and guarding itself. The slash cut the monster into two severing its lower body from its upper.

Then he turned to see the number of monsters got increased. He dashed to his right meeting a surprised monster on the way. It tried to use its hideous claws and swiped downwards as he came closer. Nex blocked the attack using his sword then used his feet to take the balance of the monster making its center of gravity go sideways. He used this opportunity to aim his sword to its body then pushed the weapon forward. The blade passed through its abdomen and out to its back.

One Night Goblin jumped at an impressive height and prepared to cut the body of the player. Whilst Nex got his hands full on two Night Goblins, he felt an incoming attack above so he pushed the two monsters in front of him and moved backwards anticipating the attack to land on the two monsters but for a split second, nothing happened. He then felt sharp pain on his back because of a kick of another monster. The two sides stopped their assaults and carefully observed each other. Nex's eyes had changed, it was calm earlier but right now, it is full of concentration and bloodlust.

He glided his sword from his right hand to his left one. Then three Night Goblins appeared in front of him, one on the left, holding a fistful huge rock, the center one is gripping a medium-sized trunk, the other one on the left has a blunt sword. The three yelled then rushed angrily at the unmoving Nex!

He evaded two attacks whilst the blunt sword grazed his shoulders! Damn. This monsters are way better in night time than in daytime! He closed the space between the two not-so-dangerous goblins then his sword immediately made its way cutting through the two bodies of the monsters. He then parried the incoming attack from the monster with blunt sword and then pushed it back taking away the balance of the monster.

"You're tough guys." He said as he got knocked back by another strong left punch from another monster. "Blade Circle Dance!" he twirled himself while holding out his weapon. It made contact with several body of the monsters that are coming in his way and instantly died. For 30 seconds, the total hit of the sword reached up to 50 monsters and the damage it dealt summed up to 3,356 depleted health from the monsters.