Chapter One

A/N: Please support the story by voting the chapters that you liked, commenting what can you say about the recent chapters or your own ideas, it will really mean a lot especially to me in these circumstances ;) ^_^

In a world filled with cruelty, where would you put yourself? How would you survive each day?

---Second Earth Online

Third Person's POV

A young man named Nexus stood in front of a black door. All was white except this tall wooden door that extracts darkness and is in the middle of nowhere. Inside him, he felt the urge to tough the knob with a silver skull as a design and open it witnessing what would lie ahead. He moved forward slowly, but carefully, each step takes time and feels like the whole world is weighed on its step. He approached the skull-faced door knob that looks like it is staring into his wholeness, it gave shivers down his spine and chills on his stomach.

A piano played nearby but he could not identify where it is coming, the piano played a haunting melody, a slow yet progressing tone that is increasing in intensity as Nexus started to reach out the skull-faced knob. The ice-cold feeling crept up to his arms from the knob, it seemed like it releases an unknown energy that frightens people who touches it.

Nexus braced himself up and opened the door. It revealed an endless row of computers that stretched in far left and far right, so far that the end cannot be seen by the naked eye. The most unusual thing that occurred is that, each computer started to shed red liquid which came to be known as BLOOD. Not only did he get shivers in the stomach, but it feels like all hair from his body raised upwards as the blood started touching his shoe-less feet.

He could not identify the feeling whether it is disgust, fear or both, but the fact that the blood dripping from the monitor has reached almost in his waist, he got suffocated by the smell and the icky feeling so he moved to the nearest computer as fast as he could get, but he chose the wrong decision, two scary hands jolted out of the monitor mixed with blood strangled him in the neck!

"ACK!!" he could not breath! The hands are way too strong and he is starting to feel the need to breath!

"AAAHHH!!!!!" Nexus shouted and gripped the hands that are on his shoulders! He is breathing very hard and as he looked closely to his surroundings, his mother is on his side with her wrinkled hands on his shoulders, probably trying to wake him up.

'It was just a dream, no a nightmare.' He tried convincing himself, but to no avail, he failed he still showed signs of fear. The morning sun gave light rays on his face and he clearly saw the worry written on his mother's. He strongly shook off the feeling and went to the bathroom while his mother called his attention, being on the kitchen and waiting with their meal.

Nexus started eating like there is no tomorrow since he usually spends large amount of time in the bathroom and the fact that he woke up late with his mother's aid, he is sure that he'll be late for the first day of class and that is not a good first impression for his new classmates and for his adviser too.

"If only. If you only woke up earlier than 6:00, there could be ample time for you to prepare, so tell me, whose fault is that?" Nexus' mother started talking right after she put down the small cup full of natural black coffee.

The young man just stayed silent as he overtakes his speed of eating earlier. Right now his mother could not even accept his speed in eating huge amounts of sandwiches.

"Hey, hey! Calm down! No one's going to steal that from you!" and that is how their conversation got cut off after Nexus put finishing touches in his daily rituals. He hurriedly rushed to the University where his new classmates including his best friend is waiting.