Chapter Seven

No one survives without the help of someone.

---Second Earth Online

Thick Trees lay alongside the path going to White Clover Village. The sound of silence bothers the group as they make their way to the route where every player used earlier. But the more they go away from where they started, the appearance of Domestic Monsters are thinning down.

All of a sudden, the four felt an ominous aura approaching them swiftly. A Mad Gorilla jumped out of nowhere and landed on the other side of the route in which instantly blocked their passage. It let out a loud roar that echoed throughout the area. The Mad Gorilla is a huge monster with a very hideous face and with the body of a regular Gorilla. Its fur changes to crimson when its heath points drop to the critical level and it savagely destroys everything on its path. Just by looking at its size tires their neck.

Fawn started with two consecutive fast attacks towards the Mad Gorilla but it did not penetrate its thick hide and did not do any damage. "I knew it, Mad Gorillas are overwhelmingly tough that physical attacks have a very small damage on them. Annie, would you try hitting it with your lightning?" Fawn said. She probably looked that up in her favourite manual, and at the same time, Annie flew around the huge monster and instead of hitting it with a lightning bolt, she made small fireballs all around her and let it swiftly fly towards the Mad Gorilla. The small fireballs let out small explosions all around the monster's body and it burned its thick hide.

"GAAWOOOOH!!" The Mad Gorilla cried out in pain.

"I knew it." Fawn smiled. She has realized something that could greatly helped them in their future plans.

"Mad Gorillas are almost physically invulnerable but they are extremely vulnerable to magic attacks." Nex realized.

"Oh, I guess it's my sister's time to shine. Let's back her up!" Jake started to run so fast and then like what happened with the Wild Dogs, he disappeared in the shadows while Nex dashed forward and met the gaze of the monster.

They both looked in each other's eyes. One full of concentration and focus, while the other is full of malice and anger. The monster went back on his own feet and prepared a massive punch towards Nex. The blow sent dust swirling away in the area and Fawn saw Nex just barely dodging the giant fist of the monster. She put her focus on her weapon and unleashed five consecutive arrows that locked its target on the monster even though it is moving aimlessly.

"This attack is from one of my classical RPG games! Titanic Blade!" Nex's sword grew larger than usual and he aimed for the burnt parts of the monster. He slashed it with might and power so fast that the wounds are getting deeper and deeper.

The Mad Gorilla swung his monstrous hands all over his side but because of its size, Nex carefully dodged it. But he got hit with the monster's kick and he flew all the way to the west, hitting trees and still not stopping. The impact broke some of his bones and took away a lot of health points.

The three felt worried after Nex got flung pretty far. Annie wanted to come rescue him but she is focused on magically attacking the monster so Fawn was the one to rush to Nex and help him recuperate.

"You'll pay for that. Surging Penetrator!" Jake held both of his weapons in front of him with anger. He surged forward like a swift arrow from the sides. His blades emitted an orange glow and his speed increased. "UURGH!" Jake is exceedingly trying his best to try opening up a wound but the monster's thick hide and skin prevented him from doing so. "Your defense is remarkable." He said with a grin and pushed even more.

"That's it! Hold him down for a few more minutes! Annie do a massive attack that you can think of!" Fawn shouted because she is still helping Nex far from them.