Chapter Twenty Four

You can't run away from destiny, but you can change it.

---Anonymous

(Real World. Nex's House. Few Hours Before Nex's Team found a Glowing Flag)

"Hand over the kid, Jienne." The man let out a sinister smile before stepping inside of the room.

"How dare you enter this household without my permission?" Mrs. Ortula said through gritted teeth.

"I said, hand over the kid. You've grown rusty Jienne, by the looks of it, you won't even be able to provide enough entertainment for me." The man said.

"No, I will never let you touch even the slightest hair of my son!" Jienne strongly said as she clenched her fists to draw courage.

"So, what are you gonna do? Fight me? We both know that you haven't done much fighting lately." The man explained with his hands settled inside his pockets. "I need a sample of your son's deoxyribonucleic acid, and also some bone marrow, cardiovascular tissues and one of the most important thing, his brain tissue by hook or by crook, even if it means killing the two of you here."

"Damn you." Mrs. Ortula grabbed the nearest thing she can reach and threw it to the man.

"A pillow? Seriously?" The man grinned and easily deflected the pillow to the side, but then Jienne is already in front of him and gave him a strong blow in the face, the man immediately blocked it with his fist but did not get to react as the second assault pushed him out of the room. She used that instance to hurriedly lock the room and block it with a little furniture.

"Who's rusty now? I still have it in me you dumbass!" She proudly said with a triumphant look before flipping her hair.

"You won't get away Jienne! This door won't separate our plans and that kid! I swear I will take him!" The man said in the middle of pushing and kicking the door but Jienne already prepared the things they need and she know a perfect place for them to be safe. She searched for a hidden button under Nex's bed and pushed it, then they are enveloped in a glass-like sphere. Jienne's house activated its self-destruct mechanism but the entire room that they are in were protected by the glass sphere and it hurriedly moved them underground. She saw an underground cave and immediately entered that.

A glass monitor popped out in front of her and it showed a tiny blinking red light that is moving south west of the 3D map. "I guess we're moving in that way." More glass monitor started popping beside the previous one that showed relevant information about the glass sphere, calibration, engines, GPS, even a monitor of what is happening inside the game.

"Seems like your group is still being monitored by those officials, they knew perfectly where you are." She observed the movements of five people moving towards SEO TORNO, constantly jumping from roof to roof, she recognized the first one that is leading them, that is, Nexus.

"Damn you Oddle. I swear I need to give you a hit the moment I see you." She said as they are moving at a very fast speed. "Now, how should I explain these things to him?" She threw a sad look at her son that is busy in another world.

A drop of tear came out of her eye in which she wiped it away the instance it reached her cheeks. "I guess we can't really run from reality. I knew this day would come but I didn't thought it would come so soon, now that you still haven't reached full maturity."

She caressed her son's cheeks and said, "I promised to give you a normal life and I did my best in keeping it that way, but I think normal life is really not in our family's blood. I'm sorry."