Chapter Two

The world is focused only on the outside. That's a reality people keep on denying but they keep on doing.

---Second Earth Online

The smell of air conditioner mixed with anaesthetics and other foreign medicine made Nexus' consciousness fly back to his body. After breathing for a several counts, he felt his head throb like it has been hit with a truck and his whole body received severe hits from the fight.

The door swung open revealing an elderly woman which for sure is his mother and a police officer about her age too.

Her mother flashed a surprised yet happy smile after seeing him in a conscious state. "Thank goodness you're finally awake!" The cop smiled at him. But he has no idea what to reply to the both of them.

After she showed her joyful side, Nexus' mother changed into a fearsome fellow. "And now, would you please explain to me what happened? This policeman surprised me by calling in the middle of the night saying my son and his friend were at the hospital because the t of them were ambushed by some random dirty gangsters!"

She then turned to the police officer. "Make sure those punks will never get to taste sunlight out of prison or they'll meet Satan in just a few hours if they still try to do some nasty business with my son, got that sir?"

Nexus wasn't surprised at how his mother acted since he knew that this is her attitude when it comes to matters like this, but on the other hand the police officer was greatly surprised that he only replied a yes on her statements.

"But I'd like to thank you sir for helping my son and his friend. There's no corresponding value for your help but if you ever needed anything, you are free to ask me since I am in debt to you." His mother said sincerely and the officer went all smiles and said,

"It's okay ma'am, it's our duty after all. Don't worry about it." After he said that, the police officer bid goodbyes to us and left saying he still has work to do.

"Now, explanation. Tell me your side of the story." His mother changed back into a serious woman while taking a chair from the side and placing it beside the bed in order for them to have a good conversation.

And so, Nexus started telling his story from the time when they were eating ice cream, up to the point where he lost consciousness while fighting.

"You're probably wondering where Pierre is right? Well, few hours before you were awake, his mom and dad were here and they took him. You know rich people, they can afford anything, so I guess he's in a private first class hospital." Seeing his son reassured, she took an apple from the basket and handed it to him.

"I hope this won't happen again." She said while Nexus is slowly eating the fruit. "We both know that you have a feeble body and a weak immune system that's why you are vulnerable to any diseases. Why did you even put up a fight?"

Nexus stayed at the hospital for three days as instructed by the doctor. "You know mom, for a mother you are really greatly amazing." Nexus just blurted out. His mother smiled after doing this and doing that. She stopped, sat down and meet her son's gaze.

"Because that's what parents do. It's what mothers do. Whatever happens it is our sole duty to love and to take good care of our child. You're our responsibility. Any mother out there who don't love her son or daughter is as good as a dead woman. You see, how did you manage to bring a baby if you are not responsible enough of taking good care, raising and teaching it values?" She discussed.

"Aw mom. I love you. It's really unfortunate that there are children out there who chose to hate and to be angry at their parents. But don't worry mom, I won't do the same." He said.