11 : Challenge Accepted

Start from the beginning

Zayn was the first to respond, bowing down from where he stood. "Zayn Malik at your service."

My head throbbed at his faux posh demeanor and I glanced around to take in the expressions of those around me. They looked to be holding in laughter, their constipated looks said it all. I shook my head and watched in horror as the curly haired boy stepped towards my mom.

"Ah, you must be Ella's mother, correct? We had a little chat on the phone a few days back. I'm Harry Styles." The boy smiled at her and extended a hand out for her to take.

This is a nightmare.

"Oh!" My mom took his hand, "the One Direction boys, of course. I didn't recognize you in those disguises of yours."

I cackled at that and once I recollected myself, I noticed the confused glances I was recieving from those around me. I frowned. They couldn't possibly think those disguises were good, right?!

They ignored me and continued with their introductions, despite my horror.

Liam embraced her. "I'm Liam Payne!"

I put myself in the middle of this exchange. "Alright, alright. She knows who you all are. Mom, what are you doing here?"

Looking away from Liam, her eyes landed on me again and her smile fading away. Her hands returned to her waist and she stared at me in agitation. "I came to visit my loving daughter and come to find out she's out and about with One Direction!"

I stared at her in disbelief.

I expected her to yell at me for not being in class. Isn't that what normal parents are supposed to do? Let's face it, I'm not normal, she's not normal, this situation I'm in isn't normal!

I averted my gaze to meet eyes of those snickering nearby. Once they met my death stare, they all looked away and quickly dispered. My mother and I were now alone.

"I assume you know what you're doing," I met her eyes and noticed to softness now within them, "have fun, but be safe, and don't let your grades suffer."

I nodded and returned her smile. "Right, thanks, mom."

"I'll take off. I'm staying at the hotel nearby. You better visit me this weekend!" She said while pointing her index finger at me. "Bring the boys along too," she quickly added and turned on her heels to walk back in the direction she came.

I watched her retreating back and wondered at the possibility of my mother being a One Direction fan. I mean, she did know the name of the band. Maybe I'm just reading into it too much.

"Now, why didn't we get a warm greeting like that with you?" Harry wondered, appearing beside me.

I turned to look at Louis through squinted eyes. "Because-"

"Yeah, I kind of expected a warm embrace to be honest," Harry interjected.

"She wasn't the one locked in a store with you guys!"

Harry stretched out his arms. "It's fine. You can make it up by hugging me now."

I backed away from him. With each step I took back, he took the same amount of steps forward. His smile grew to reveal his dimples with his emerald eyes shining brightly. I couldn't help the smile that now lined my lips.

"Well if hugs aren't your thing, love, I'm willing to accept carr-"

I shrieked as Harry pulled me into a hug. I laughed against him before looking to Louis with a frown when Harry's arms left me. "Honestly, mention carrots one more time and I'll-"