Chapter Thirty

I just wanted to give you guys a glimpse into Tyrone's mind. Let me know if you enjoy it.

Tyrone

" so why is it," I started calmly. " that I pay you niggas? huh?"

We were in the basement of "the office". It was me, Tevin- who I'd tied to a chair and gagged the moment we had arrived- and two of my street level workers- Keith and EJ. Ever since the incident at my house when it was broken into, i had had those two watching her place to make sure that nothing like that ever happened again. They took turns all day long, twelve hour shift apiece and while they had acquainted themselves with everyone in her apartment building, they knew everyone that was not to enter under any circumstance s.

Tevin was on the long list of people- my enemies mainly- that were not to enter. But for some reason, on this particular night, he was able to get in.

When Keith nor EJ responded to my question I ground my teeth. I really wanted to kill them more than anything but I was trying to hold into my patience. Because of them Alexus's life had been put in danger. I couldnt imagine if it had been someone else and not Tevin that had found their way up there.

Breathing deeply I tried to calm myself.

The only reason they worked for me was because of their mother. She was strung out, had been since they were children. They had come to me for guidance. I tried their mother in rehab and offered her a legit job upon finishing-like I had for so many other people in my city- but she refused. She left her children out to dry but I gave them work and a purpose. For two years they'd been working under me, doing odd jobs and they had never fucked up.

" where the fuck were you?" I finally questioned.

After beating Tevin in Alexus's apartment for a while, I dragged him outside and into my truck. I called Keith and EJ repeatedly but I didnt get an answer. When I showed up at the office a few minutes later to find them sitting outside laughing and smoking with a few of my other workers i was furious.

" nothing ever happens at that apartment building. We thought-" That was Kevin trying to speak up. He was the oldest of the two but only by a year. He had the potential to go a long way in my operation, but what held him back was his smart mouth.

" you thought?" I asked. " you thought you could just do whatever the fuck you want to, right? After all the fucking shit I've done for you..." I laughed. "There's gonna be a lot of blood spilled tonight."

Killing people wasnt a part of my job that I enjoyed, but it was a part of it nonetheless. All I wanted was to be with Alexus in the moment. She always knew what to do and what to say...and when I was around her she always made me feel like a different nigga.

There was no doubt that I was in love.

And because I was so in love even she had to understand that I would go to the greatest lenthgs to protect her. By whatever means necessary she would always be safe.