Chapter Nine

Alexus

By the end of the week my anxiousness had calmed quite a bit and I was finally able to sleep through the night. My body was severely depraved of sleep. All week I had done nothing but get on people nerves because I was too hyped up to sleep, and too sleepy to really do anything of importance.

I ended up helping Symonee move into Dryan's house which took more time than I expected. Not only were there her things,  but there were a bunch of Drayal's clothes and toys too. It helped a bit to exert some of my energy ... but not enough.

Saturday night I decided that I was going to go to the club. It had been a while since I'd been - because although I enjoyed the drinking and dancing part of going out, I hated the dressing up part- but I didn't have anything else to do.

By the time my friend Raina showed up at my apartment close to midnight so that we could go out, I was still wrapped in my bath towel.

" bitch." She rolled her eyes, pulling off her coat to hang it up and stepping out of her wet heels. " I know you are not just now getting out the shower."

I left her at the door, going back to my bedroom. " no, actually. I got out the shower an hour and a half ago."

" then what the fuck have you been doing?"

" trying to find something to wear. You know how hard it is for me to actually try and give a fuck about this stuff."

" so you can catch a man?"

Sucking my teeth I inspected another dress in my closet. " no, just so I can look absolutely jaw dropping. Can't I want to look good without wanting to get a man?"

" no."

I chuckled. " just shut up and tell me which dress looks better." I tied my towel in a tight knot at my breast so that I could grab a dress in each hand.

Raina shrugged. " why does it matter? It's not like you give a fuck about which looks better."

" no, I dont, but you do. So, tell me." She breathed deeply before pointing toward the black dress in my right hand. " thanks."

I was about to drop my towel to slip on the chosen dress when I heard a knock at my front door.

Raina instantly looked at me like I was a traitor. " i thought it was just going to be me and you tonight!"

" it is! I don't know who the fuck that is." I hung both dresses back in the closet and started back toward the front door. " and don't steal shit out my closet! We both know you like to take my shit."

" fuck you!"

We both laughed because everything I'd said was true. I didn't mind though because we've been good friends since middle school. For some reason, though, me and Symonee had just hit it off in a different kind of way. Raina met me when I was just a pre-teen, as angry as they come. I was fucking and fighting and she was down for it all. I met Symonee when I was twenty, during a transition period. Symonee just understood the new me more that Raina could and that was fine.

Looking through the peephole on my front door, I saw that handsome face that I had wanted to see the entire week. Tyrone just stood in the hallway, smirking slightly like he knew I was watching him.

" open the door."

I smiled, taking a step back so that I could swing the door open. " when did you get back?"

" this morning."

" you should have come by this morning then."

" no, I shouldn't have. I was dirty...I was tired...I'm sure I stunk..."