Chapter Twenty

Alexus

1 month later

" braid my hair, Ty."

" hold on." He mumbled, sitting at the edge of my bed, deep into whoever he was texting on his phone. The past four weeks he'd mainly spent with me. They'd been full of dates and fucking and just general good times. But him spending more time with me meant less time working, and that meant more time on his phone making sure that every aspect of his operation was running smoothly.

I wasn't mad at that at all.

I rolled my eyes. " I swear you better marry whoever is on the other end of that text."

" if I was into niggas then I would, Lex." He typed for another few seconds before he left his phone on the bed and stood behind me at the mirror above my dresser. " and if I wasn't so into this loving, temperamental, eccentric, beautiful, black queen-"

" I get it, you're crazy about me."

He smiled. " something like that."

" mmhmm. Now braid my hair so I can go get lunch with my brother."

Now it was his turn to roll his eyes. " I really want you with me."

" yeah, well, look at the bright side, you'll get a chance to get some work done."

" work is always gonna be there when i wanna go back to it, but me and you-"

" are always gonna be here too. I'm not goin' anywhere, babe."

" yeah, aight, Love."

He grabbed my comb and parted my thick hair down the middle before starting on my braids. " we should take a trip together."

" where?"

I shrugged. " I don't know. You just take so many trips and I just wanna take one with you."

" those are for business, not for play."

" yeah, but still...I've only ever been to Miami and that was only for two days. I wanna see the world with you...build memories."

His hands paused for a moment and looking at him through the mirror I could see that he was thinking. "okay."

"okay as in 'yes' or okay as in 'shut up, Alexus' ?"

" okay as in yes, baby. I gotta take this trip next week anyway. I can handle my business and then you can meet me somewhere."

" next week?" I asked, unsure.

" well, probably the week after next. I have to wrap up this deal first. That's going to take a few days."

" I hadn't expected you to want to go so soon."

" why wouldn't I? I wanna travel the world with you, Lex. I wanna have all night conversations with you on a yacht in the middle of the ocean, I wanna climb mountains with you, I wanna make love to you under the stars...goddamn, girl, I think I'm gone fall in love with you if I'm not careful."

I smiled. " well you know what they say, don't you?"

" nah, what?"

" once you fall in love with a woman, you gotta buy her a house."

" who says that?"

" my mom."

We both laughed. Of course her crazy ass had actually said that shit and she'd meant it too.

" where you want a house then, babe?"

" stop playing."

"I'm not playing. I'm not in love right now, no... But with the way shit going, I doubt it'll take long, Lex. So don't be surprised when I bring yo ass some keys."