Chapter Twenty-Three

Alexus

1 week later

" The Dominican Republic?" I screeched into the phone. I had just received the email for my electronic ticket, my eyes bulged.

Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.

I'd never been out of the country.

I couldn't believe it. It was two in the morning, but the first thing I did was call Tyrone. " seriously, baby?" I screamed again.

" is that excitement I hear?"

" oh my god, yes! Why aren't you here? I really just wanna kiss you." I fell backward on my bed, sighing.

" I'm waiting on you. Your flight is in like twenty six hours, Love. I wanna be the first face you see when you step off that plane."

" that's impossible, but still cute. I can't wait."

We were quiet for a while. I think we were both imaging everything that would take place when we were together again, not just on a sexual level but on a spiritual level as well. To just have a conversation with him face to face would be a dream come true.

" you know I miss you, right?" He asked.

" yeah, I know."

We talked for a while longer before I fell asleep. The day passed slowly. I spent it buying things for the trip. Usually shopping made everything else dissappear, but not on this day. I kept envisioning everything that would be and it made it damn near impossible to focus on anything else.

After a full day of shopping I went to get my finger nails and toenails done, and to relax I got a facial.

When it was time to go to bed, I couldn't, and so when it was time to leave for my flight, at three A.M. I was dead tired. Leon was taking me so that I wouldn't have to pay for the expensive as airport parking for the time that I'd be away.

I appreciated that.

When we got to the airport, I kissed Leon on his cheek, got my luggage, and proceeded inside.
----
My first flight lasted a couple of hours and got me to Florida, where I waited two and a half hours for my second flight that would go directly into the Dominican Republic.

The second flight was almost five hours, and when we landed I was good and damn well ready to leave. The man in the seat next to me had decided halfway through the plane ride that he was going to fall asleep and snore the rest of the way there.

His snoring alone had fucked up all the beautiful views of the ocean for me. Funny how I had a fear of car crashes, but tens of thousands of feet above the open ocean I felt more relaxed than I probably ever had.

Needless to say, when the plane landed, I was anxious as fuck. Not only that, but I was weirded out by the time difference. It was midnight, but my body could clearly feel that at home it was only noon.

I knew that the jet lag was going to be a bitch.

The plane hadn't been full, so getting my carry on bag from the overhead compartment was a breeze. Walking through the airport was nerve racking as hell. Even on the escalator going down to the bottom floor, I couldn't stop shaking. It was like my body just knew what was about to happen.

Ten minutes after exiting the plane, I was standing at baggage claim, looking around for that familiar face, when two arms encircled my waist. They pulled me back into a firm chest and I immediately relaxed when Tyrone's natural scent hit my nose.

He rested his bearded chin in the crook of my neck. " why you gotta look so fucking beautiful?"

I smiled. I dropped my bag and turned around in his arms so that we could be face to face. Thank God the airport was fairly empty because I had every intention of jumping on him.