Chapter Twenty-Four

Alexus

I wasn't adjusted to the time change yet, so trying to force myself to sleep was the hardest thing ever. Tyrone, however, was well adjusted and had no problem falling fast first into the large bed after our bath together.

I just sat on the edge of the bed, on my phone and watched my man as he slept peacefully. But Once the sun started to rise at a little after 6 A.M., that was all over.

I crawled up the bed until I was straddling Tyrone's body. He was laying on his stomach, so instead of the moment being intimate, it was just normal.

" Ty." I used my fingers to pinch his back.

" not yet, babe." He grumbled.

" but, Ty..." I pinched him again, only he didn't move at all. " fine."

I removed my body from his, standing next to the bed and grabbed my phone. I began scrolling through my music until I found something that I could shake my ass to.

Once the music started to play, I immediately jumped back on the bed, standing with one leg on each side of his body so that I could shake my ass above him. I knew that he was awake because the bed shifted beneath me as he flipped over. From his place, he had a nice view of my naked body.

" godddamn, where's my wallet?"

I laughed. " are you ready to do shit with me?"

"yeah, shit that doesn't involve us leaving this bed. Come down here."

" uh-un!" I jumped off of the bed and away from him before he could grab me. I turned the music off on my phone. " let's go do yoga on the beach, Ty."

" yoga?" He groaned. " we can do yoga right here. I can put your leg-"

" no, nasty! I'm serious. I wanna do yoga. My emotions have just been so up and down and yoga will help me relax."

Tyrone just stared at me for a while before giving in. " aight, we'll do yoga your way for now, but later..."

" maybe." I said, kissing him on the cheek before going to the panel next to the bed. It didn't look like much. It was just buttons built into the night stand with a telephone next to them. " which button did Monica say was for activities? Was it the red button?"

" No!" He caught me with my finger just as it was hovering over it. " the red button is for medical emergencies. The blue one is for activities."

" well they should have them labeled, hell." I hit the blue button, and not even a full twenty seconds passed by before the telephone rang.

" yes?" I answered.

" What activity would you like to schedule?"

" yoga please. We wanna do it on the beach."

There was a small pause. " Right away ma'am. We ask that you allow us twenty minutes to prepare."

" that's fine."

Tyrone and I showered and dressed quickly. I didn't really want to put any clothes on, honestly, so I stuck with a minimalist approach. A pair of yoga shorts and a sports bra.

After dressing we went down to the kitchen to see what food we could find. It was my idea not to call a chef if we really didn't need one. Much to my surprise, the cabinets and the refrigerator were filled with all my favorite foods. That must've been part of the "setting up" Tyrone had been doing.

We had green tea and I made us a plain omelette to split. That was probably the healthiest I'd eaten in weeks.

On our way down the path towards the beach, Tyrone wouldn't keep his hands off of my ass.

I giggled, swatting his hands away. " stop being so horny."

" stop being so sexy."

" imposible." I said, raking my fingers through my hair.

" then it's impossible for me too." He grabbed my arm, turning me so that I could face him. " Seriously, though. Everything from your natural hair to your chocolate skin...from the way you love so open-mindedly to the way you shake your ass in my face is perfect. I still cant believe I got you."

" well you do have me," I went up on the tips of my toes to peck his lips. " forever and ever, Ty. And it's not because of the businesses or the money or the power...it's all because of who you are."

" my old ass?"

" yes, your old ass."

He laughed. " aight, let's go do this yoga shit."

We started back down the path. " have you ever done yoga before?"

" nope. You know I run all the time to stay in shape but I've never thought about doing yoga."

" it's good to relieve stress. I started doing yoga when I was in rehab. I haven't done any in like the last month or so. I've just been eating cake instead."

" you ain't gotta tell me, I know."

The yoga instructor was already waiting for us on the beach. She was all smiles and perky as hell for it to be so early. But I realized that she was being paid to live on an island and do what she probably loved. I'd be perky too.

Tyrone hated yoga. There were muscles that he'd probably never stretched a day in his life and we could both tell. It was funny to watch him try to do yoga for forty-five minutes though.

I couldn't count the amount of times he said 'ay, my body don't bend that way' and ' is that a joke?'. But he still tried which made me happy. Once the lesson was over, the woman- who's name I'd learned was Claire- quickly made herself scarce.

" what's up with people on this island just disappearing?" I asked as we stood at the edge of the sand. The water would rush in ever few moments and wash over our feet as we just stood and watched nothing in particular.

I couldn't get over how beautiful and serene everything was.

" I thought you'd appreciate that. Means we get to spend more time alone."

" i do, but it's still weird as fuck." As I leaned onto his side, his arm wrapped around my shoulder. " we should go for a swim."

" naked?" He asked hopefully.

I looked around, seeing that we were alone. And when I looked across the water toward the main land I realized that we were far enough away so that no one would be able to see us.

I pulled away from him and began stripping. He did too. It felt so freeing to be swimming naked in the ocean with my man. And that bursts the myth that black people don't swim. However, I did get scared as helll when a few fish were swimming in between my legs, tickling me.

" don't be like that!" Tyrone screamed playfully from his place, still floating in the open water as I was swimming back toward the island.

" fuck that! I'm not getting my legs nibbled on by some damn fish."

" oh you scared now?"

" hell fucking yeah!" I didn't stop swimming until I was on shore. With my hands on my hips and my feet planted firmly on the ground, I watched Tyrone just float on his back.

He looked peaceful, and watching him made me feel peaceful.