Chapter Twenty-six

Alexus

" no." I pouted. Pulling my comfoter up over my head and snuggling deeper into my bed. Tyrone was trying to get me to get out of bed.

Tyrone and i were back at my apartment. After two long ass plane rides and a bunch of smart comments on my end we were finally home. I was rolling my eyes the entire ten hours it took for us to get back, and he keot giving me his signature 'keep actinf like that if you want to' looks. Ofcourse I kept giving attitude, only to get fucked asleep as soon as we got to my place.

I had been asleep ever since. Almost eighteen hours straight.

" yes, Love." The covers were yanked away from me quickly, allowing for cold air to rush in and surround me. "Symonee keep calling your phone.You dont hear that shit?"

Now that he mentioned it, I did hear my phone ringing. I finally opened my eyes. "can you hand it to me please?" He grabbed it from my dresser before tossing it to me. " and give me my fucking comforter back."

" nah." He took my comforter- which had been balled up at the end of the bed and put it in the chair by my bedroom door. " if you want it come get it."

" play too fucking much." I playfully rolled my eyes as I answered my phone. "hi, bestfriend."

" Lex! Oh my god, come get me please." She said, sounding stressed.

" whats wrong, boo?"

" my mom. Please i just need to get out of this house before I lost my mind."

" I'm on my way." I hung up the phone and began dragging myself from bed. My body was screaming at me to lay back down but my bestfriend needed me.

" what she want?" Tyrone asked.

" She wants me to come and get her. I think her and her mom got into it."

He shook his head. " here we go with this shit."

" what?"

" I've been waiting on this to happen. There's no reason at all for Victoria to be here, yet here she is. I knew sooner or later Symonee was going to lose her cool."

" why is she still here anyway?" I asked, pulling on a pair of sweatpants. " can't she take a hint?"

" no, fuck no. Nobody in that fucking family can take a hint. Even when they're being told something directly, it still doesnt resonate. Victoria wants to take Symonee home, and come hell or high water she's going to do that...unless Symonee really stands up to her."

I took a moment to think about the situation before my mind got to wondering. I began to wonder what happened between Victoria and Tyrone. The two had a history, clearly because they had Symonee but i had no idea what really happened to their relationship after that.

" what happened between you and Victoria?" I asked, voicing my thoughts.

He shook his hand, plopping down on the messy bed so that his back was toward me. " a lot...but that's between me and her."

I paused. " so you're not going to tell me why there's so much tension between you two?"

" we didn't work out. That's all you need to know."

" no, its not, because every time she's around or her name is brought up you either get uncomfortable or you turn away like you're doing right now. We've talked about absolutely everything, including your job and my alcoholism...two of the most sensitive topics between us. But you won't talk about why she bothers you so much."

His back tensed, and i was expecting him to scream but he didnt. I should have known. That man barely ever raised his voice in my presence. " that shit is dead, has been for a while now."