Chapter Ten

Alexus

Bright and early Monday morning I was awake and getting ready for work. I was happy about that because I wasn't sure if I could stand another week off. Omar had found a supplier, they were just in the ending stages of discussing prices. I had no doubt though that the money would be to this new man's liking. When working with Tyrone, there was plenty of everything to go around- especially money.

When I got to Liny no one was there, which was to be expected. After a couple of days of being closed, I'd called the employees and told them that the store was closed until further notice. Some people had questions, which i answered truthfully before saying that they would still be receiving pay.

With no employees and very few customers  the shop was dead pretty much all day long, so me working alone really wasn't that big of an issue. I still had a fair bit of product to move- the stuff that Teddy had dropped off on his last day, plus some back stock that we'd already had. And with only a few customers drifting in and out, the day was boring, but a breeze nonetheless. Pretty soon the word would get around that we were back open and the line would be wrapped around the corner again in no time.

I made it a point to call the employees during the day and let them know that we were back open. There was no glee. I mean, for an entire week, they'd been getting paid to do nothing. That's a dream job for some people.

After cleaning up the shop and locking it down, I made my way to my car to started on my way toward my mom's place. She was hosting a dinner for everyone- with everyone being me, Symonee, Leon, Omar, Dryan, and Tyrone. It was a spur of the moment thing, which worried me slightly, but i decided that I wasn't about to let a little worrying get in between me and a home cooked meal.

Initially Symonee said she didn't want to go because she felt like shit after giving birth. However, I talk her into going by promising to watch Deanna and Drayal anytime she wanted to go out in the near future.

That wasn't really a big sacrifice on my part because I love kids, and I'd also love to take a weight off of my best friend's  shoulders.

When I pulled up outside of her apartment building, I cursed quietly at the sudden tension that I felt in my shoulders. It was going to be my first time seeing Tyrone since our discussion on Friday night- after which he left to go and see Symonee- and I was nervous. Although I had no real reason to be nervous, I couldn't help it. We'd been talking almost nonstop, either on the phone or through text and I knew that when I saw him I'd want to touch him...but that would be impossible.

Deciding that pouting in my car wasn't going to do anything, I went upstairs, using my key to get in. I was immediately hit with the heart stopping smell of greasy foods. Although I hate to admit it, greasy foods have always been my weakness.

" mommy!" I screamed, trekking through the house until I found her standing over the stove stirring a large pot. " I missed you!"

She rolled her eyes before putting the top back onto the pot and giving me a quick hug. " did you miss me or my food?"

" can't I miss both?"

" I knew it! It's the food!" She teased. " go hang your jacket up and come back so that you can help me with the food."

" is anybody else here yet?"

" um- Dryan and Tyrone are in the living room. Everyone else is on their way. Leon called and said he'd be late, though."

" Dryan didn't come with Symonee?" I asked, shocked. " he left her with two babies by herself?"

" no, of course not. I think Symonee invited Raina. She helped her with the babies today, since you had to go back to work."