Chapter Two

I figured that I may as well drop chapter two. It's unedited bit I hope you enjoy. Don't forget to comment and vote.

Alexus

Leon drove me home. We didn't really speak much, and for once in my life, the silence didn't bother me.

Getting to my apartment building I was hoping Tevin wouldn't be there so that I could get a good night's sleep for once. I always found myself double and triple checking the lock on my bedroom door to make sure he couldn't get in. Then most nights, he'd get home and be furious ontop of being drunk and he'd bang on my door for hours on end before he passed out in the hallway.

I'd wanted so many times to just call the police on him, but I never could. He'd done so much for me when nobody else would and so all I really wanted was to just be rid of him, not send him to jail.

It was nerve racking.

" want me to walk you up?"

I smiled at the worried look on Leon's face. " no, I can take care of myself, remember?"

" yeah, I know."

For a moment I wished he'd come up with me anyway. Leon had been protecting me since I first went to live with him and his mother. It was like he took responsibility for protecting me when my mother died. Everyone who ever fucked with me had to see Leon about it.

I always found myself fighting to prove that I could take care of myself just to avoid feeling completely helpless. I guess in all of that, I forgot how to ask for his help when I truly needed it.

I didn't want him to think I was too weak to handle what needed to be handled, even if for once in our lives it was true.

" thanks anyway, Lele. I'll see you later."

He gave me a blank look. " stop calling me Lele. Is that what mama named me?"

I chuckled. " I'll stop calling you Lele when I feel like it, but until then-goodnight Lele."

I leaned over and kissed his cheek quickly so that I could exit his car before he had a chance to scold me again.

I paid no mind to the snow as it began to fall for the first - and probably the last- time this winter season, and rushed straight for  the front door of my building. In all of the excitement of Symonee having her baby, I'd darted straight out the door in a t-shirt and pajama pants.

I was regretting that decision.

My apartment was on the fifth floor, and just like always, the elevator was broken. I don't think the thing had actually ever even worked, atleast not in the two years I'd been living there.

From downstairs I could hear the music blasting, and as I went up flight after flight all I could do was hope and pray that it wasn't coming from my apartment. When I got to the fifth floor, walking down the hall, the music got closer and closer, and at my apartment at the end of the hall, I couldn't deny it any more. The floor beneath my feet was vibrating.

I groaned. Clearly Tevin was home and had no regard for anyone else's sleeping schedules.

The door was ajar, so getting in was no big deal.

Tevin was standing shirtless in the living room next to the open window. As wind and cold air blew in, he seemed largely unphased.

I went over to the stereo, flipping the off switch.

Tevin whipped around to face me. I could tell almost immediately that he had been drinking.

" what the fuck, Tevin? You act like people don't have to go to work and shit."