Oh, dear God, help us all!

Mack

Do you know it would relieve how most parents to hear about their kids finally getting into the right college? Our parents, not so much. I don't think it was so much about if we got in but how much destruction we would cause.

Our parents all sat there at the kitchen table. The seven of us each held an envelope in our hands with the return address of Saintwood College. I don't know if it was the fact we either got accepted that made them nervous or got denied, making them feel dread. To us, we weren't sure either. I mean, we were all in the top ten of our class. Yes, we may be hellraisers, but we were also brilliant. Maybe that was why we were able to do the things we did growing up.

"Well, are you all going to stand there or are you going to open them up?" Leo asked anxiously, causing all of us to look at him. "What? I need to know if my baby is coming back to me!"

Nik blushed but smiled.

"Okay, boys. There's no time like the present," I said to them. With that, we ripped open our envelopes to reveal the letters we received.

"Accepted," JJ said.

"Accepted," Liam said.

"Accepted," Austin said.

"Accepted," Shawn said.

"Accepted," I said.

"Accepted," RJ said.

Then we all looked at Nik, who sighed, "Not accepted."

We all looked at each other, then at Leo, whose face was crestfallen.

"Just kidding. Accepted," Nik said, earning a look from Leo who got up and rushed over. Leo picked Nik up and spinning him around. Then he crashed his lips into Nik's lips.

"You're so going to pay for that later, mister," Leo scolded Nik.

"That's what I'm counting on," Nik winked at him.

"Okay, I need not hear about your kinky shit," Dad remarked to them as we all laughed.

"Why not? It's not like we didn't hear enough about yours," Jordan countered.

"That was different," Dad told Jordan.

"How is a blow-up doll any different?" Ryan asked.

"It wasn't a blow-up doll," Dad grumbled.

"That's right; it was a doll the plugged into the wall causing Ryan's power to go out," Jordan reminded Dad.

"That was once, and I never used it again," Dad huffed.

"Yeah, sure, you didn't," Ryan said, rolling his eyes as the three of them bickered while Mom and our aunts laughed. The rest of us quietly made our escape out of the kitchen.

"That was disturbing," Austin said, earning a uniform yes from us.

Shawn leaned over and whispered something to me, and I nodded, then we left.

"Where are you two going?" RJ asked.

"Somewhere. We'll be back," Shawn yelled as we went outside. He got on his bike and helped me on the back. Shawn handed me a helmet, and once it was on, he roared the engine as we drove off.

We pulled up to the creek, and he parked the bike. Both of us got off, and I looked at him. "Are you leaving me stranded here again? Because if you do, I may have to reconsider my cat's."

"What? No!" Shawn exclaimed.

"Just checking," I giggled, making him roll his eyes at me.

He walked over and grabbed my hands. "I wanted to do something without people staring at me when I did it."