Surprises are grand, right?

Nik

After the mass destruction of the living room I did, I sat on the floor in front of the doorway and cried as Leo held me. I needed him now. I needed his arms around me. I held onto him tightly, never wanting to let him go. Just like the summer, when he took care of me, he was taking care of me now.

I buried my face into his chest. To hear Mack worried about something terrible regarding that horrible night brought back all the nightmares and anxiety I was feeling. I know she didn't mean for it to happen. She said it out of concern.

The brothers stood around us to give us some privacy and also to protect me. We grew so close that they were very protective over me, but Leo was the most protective out of all. Maybe because he was the oldest, he refuses anyone to get close to me when I was like this, even my family.

It exhausted me from the emotional upheaval; I passed out in his arms. He picked me up and carried me to my room, then stayed with me.

Mack

After Leo took Nik to his room, the brothers came inside, and we all went into the kitchen. Mom put on some coffee for everyone.

"That was how Nik was that night, everything that went down," Dad said, rubbing his head in frustration.

"Yeah, Nik was pretty bad when he came to us this past summer," Zane mentioned.

"He never went into detail about what happened when he was away," Mom said to them. "What happened?"

"Nik was a mess. He blamed himself for what happened. Leo worked hard to pull him out of his funk, but it calumniated the night we saw the fireworks. He thought he saw Mike," Xavier explained.

"How is Leo handling all this?" Dad asked.

"Leo loves Nik more than anything and would give up his life for him. I've never seen him this attached to someone like he is to Nik. It's like they are," Xavier stopped to think of what word he wanted to say.

"Soulmates," Shawn finished.

"Yeah," Xavier said in agreement.

We all looked at Shawn as he continued, "Everyone has one, and when they find the one, it means them to be with, it's like their heartbeats as one. That's how it's for Nik and Leo. Their hearts beat as one. Yeah, Nik loved Mike, and his death devastated him, but if something ever happened to Leo, it would destroy him."

We all looked at Shawn as he shrugged and sipped his coffee.

"Well, look at you, Mr. Soulmate, and all that jazz," I said with a smile.

"Yeah, don't get used to it," Shawn said, kissing me on the side of my head.

"The question is, will Nik be okay?" Austin asked.

The brothers looked at each other, then us. Frisco said, "Nik should be fine. When he wakes up tomorrow next to Leo, he'll be a lot better."

Dad looked at Mom and said, "Why do I have a feeling we're getting another room ready?"

Mom looked at the brothers as they looked around, whistling. "Because I think they already decided."

The three of us looked at each other and knew what would happen next. Yep, we were getting another guest in the force of Leo. Things were about to get interesting.

Nik

I woke up and looked over to see Leo asleep next to me. God, he looked sexy first thing in the morning. Then I remembered what happened last night and how he came here to take care of me in my emotional state. A smile crept upon my lips. I brushed his hair that laid over his forehead away from his face. I wanted to marvel at this beautiful creature next to me.