Chapter 19

WAS TOLD AND RECOMMENDED THAT THIS SONG REMINDS THEM OF THIS BOOK .. ENJOY

BTW FORGOT WHO RECOMMENDED IT SO SHOUT OUT TO THEM

Laylie

It was as if everything was in slow motion. I could hear the beating of my heart thumping against my chest, my breathing slow and shallow. I can't tell you what I feel. Because it's moments like these. The panic. The rush. The fear. That come all together and make me feel utterly numb. The rustic smell of blood hits my nostrils.

"Princess. You know not to wander too far into the garden. Why did you go against my word?" Papa says as he pinches my nose with a napkin. My nose is bleeding because I had tried to go into daddy's work house. My tears stream down my face and I had a small scrape on my arm. Climbing into the window was harder then I thought.

Im sitting on the edge of the kitchen table with my arms crossed, if only the window edge was wider I could have finally gotten inside.

"Laylie Volevoy, tell me why you went against my word." Papa asks again.

I let out a huff of air, "because I wanted to see what is so important in that dumb house that you always go to!" Papa crosses his arms.

"But I specifically told you to keep away. It's no place for small children" he says.

"Well whatever is in there seems more important then your word." I look up at my father and see him smirking then chuckles.

"Ahh my little princess. Your intuition is what will keep you strong and alive" he then kisses me on my head. Huh? "Just remember your mistakes next time" he says. I will, next time the window is not a good way to get in.

The sound of the tires and engine roars yet everything was slow. House by House passed by, then we were zooming by cars. Their horns blared as Asher cuts each and everyone of them off. I look down on my lap and see a lifeless and vulnerable Helen. I hear a distant voice calling... me?

"Laylie! Laylie!" Huh?

"Laylie!" Asher's voice booms through the car.

"Tell me if she is still breathing!" He says yelling over the roaring engine.

I slowly look down and sure enough her chest slowly rises and falls. Short small breaths.

"Yes" is all I say.

I can hear the sound of relief as he exhales. Everything comes back to reality. I look out the window and see we are now near a hospital and before I know it, Asher is parked outside and runs out opening the back seat. He carefully yet hurriedly grabs Helen and runs inside. I jog following them.

"I need some fucking help now!" Asher shouts as he enters the emergency entrance. And almost immediately Helen is placed onto the stretcher and taken away. I stare and watch as she is rolled down the white hallway with the blinding white lights. I look down at my hands. Red covered the tips and palm. I swallow hard and suddenly I'm hyperventilating. I shut my eyes tight.

"Laylie! What are you doing in here!?" My father's voice booms.

Huh?

My breathing is ragged and I feel as though my head is spinning a hundred miles an hour. I fall to my knees and hands.

"Papa the -the man-" blood everywhere.

"Take her out of here" Papa's voice booms and I am then lifted into the air and taken away.