Chapter 17

COVER CREDITS TO @xlemonadelunaticx THANKS SO MUCH

ALSO SORRY FOR MAKING YALL WAIT BUT YEAH LOL. THANKS FOR READING

ALSO CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL 'Melcruz Makeup' and subscribe 👍🏼👍🏼

Asher

Our days were long. Tiring. Exhausting. And undeniably emotional. I can tell she is breaking down. The anticipation is eating her alive. And it fucking kills me to see her like this. I have come to the conclusion that I need her. This is not a mere want but a must. I can't imagine anything happening to her, it would evidently break me.

Her cries yesterday brought me back to notice everything. She is right, I am keeping her unintentionally hostage. But can you blame me for not wanting her dead. Still, we have been here almost 3 weeks already and she is loosing her sanity. And I'm the cause of it.

I'm laying on the bed bedside her with my back against the head board. She is fast asleep considering it is so early in the morning. Her hair is sprawled around her face beautifully and I selfishly stare, admiring what lays next to me.

So innocent. So delicate. So beautiful. And yet she is dragged into this harsh cruel world of bullshit.

I let out a harsh sigh and tilt my head back staring up at the ceiling.

No signs of anyone tracking us for almost three weeks seems somewhat... impossible? Yet, I'm still fucking paranoid. What can I say, one of the perks of living in this life is paranoia is the norm.

Maybe I am being too paranoid. She still needs to live. And I mean live like having fun. I can't hide her away forever. Maybe, just maybe I can take her somewhere today. Just for awhile. I'll be beside her, she'll be fine.

I turn my head to her when I start to feel her shift beside me and silently groan. Her eyes then start opening revealing those captivating eyes. God, I'm turning into a pussy.

I then lay on my elbow. "Hey, morning" I say softly slightly pushing the hair out of her face. She smiles.

"Morning" she stretches and sits on the edge of the bed.

"So," I start out and sit back up, "I was thinking, maybe it's time for you to go back out to civilization..." I say staring at her waiting for a response. She stands up and turns facing me with her eyebrow raised. I can't tell what she's thinking and that fucks with my head.

"Huh, wow. I am actually being allowed out of this box. Ha" she says sarcastically and swiftly turns around heading for the bathroom. I hear the sink water running and what sounds like her brushing her teeth. I let out a frustrated sigh. Standing up in just my black briefs, I head over to her. I lean against the white door frame with my arms crossed. She is wearing one of my white shirts that hangs just below her butt. She's been wearing my shirts to bed every night, which I don't mind at all. Her bare legs are on view just for me and her hair is in a sexy mess. Fuck. I clench my jaw trying to control myself. But fail.

I swiftly walk up behind her as she is drying her face. I stare at the beauty reflected in the mirror. She raises a brow at me placing the black towel down on the white marble counter.

"What?" Laylie says annoyed. I brush her hair off her shoulder allowing me access to her neck. Goosebumps immediately appear. I smirk.

I gently place my hand on her upper arm, "the slightest touch and already I can tell" I say in a hushed voice in her neck.