Chapter 15

COVER CREDITS TO THE LOVELY @Mintu17

Laylie

I can't sleep. I should but I can't. I turn my head, the clock reads 3:56 am. I look back up at the ceiling shutting my eyes in frustration sighing. I place my hand on my forehead thinking of what I just let happen. I lost all control. With him, he makes me lose control and I still have not figured out if that is a good or bad thing.

He is fast asleep and his mouth hangs slightly open. At peace. He is not so intimidating but rather tranquil. His breathing is soft and even. I sit on the edge of the bed still wearing his long white shirt.

He's a murderer.

I turn my head staring down at his bare torso. Random tattoos littering all over. I swallow contemplating what the morning brings. I stand up heading to the shower. I feel unclean. I strip naked and turn the shower on hot. Hopping in I let the hot water cascade down my back soothing my tenseness. The steam spreads throughout the small bathroom. I shut my eyes trying to escape, trying to absorb everything.

I don't know how long I've been in the shower but at this point, my fingertips are starting to look like raisins. I step out and notice out the tiny, steamed window the sun barely starting to rise. I walk over to the sink and wipe the mirror. My vivid blue eyes peeking through. I let out a sigh and begin to dry myself with the rough white towel. I then wrap a towel around my body tightly quietly walking back into the room trying to not wake Asher if he's still asleep.

Staring at the bed I see that it is empty. Suddenly I hear Asher from my side.

"I see you couldn't sleep either" I slightly jump at this sudden interruption and turn to see his uncovered back to me. He is still only wearing his tight black briefs.

Oh.

"Yeah I just- I needed to clear my head," I say walking over to my bag which is beside him. His head then turns staring at me. I rummage through the small bag trying to find something to wear today. I need something comfy.

"Your not-I mean you don't regret last night right? I'm sorry if you didn't want that I promise-" I cut of his rambling.

"No. No it's not that-last night was, good" I say looking down blushing at the last part. Memories of the night before pop in my head. I then snap out of it quickly grabbing my clothes.

"Anyway, I'm gonna get changed," I say grabbing my beige sweater and nicely fitted dark washed skinny jeans which Nace had given me. The thought of Nace still saddens me. I then walk into the bathroom. I slip on the plain black bra and underwear and finish off with brushing through my somewhat damp hair.

I walk back into the room and Asher is there sitting at the desk with his laptop and phone sitting side by side. He looks frustrated and concerned.

"What's the matter," I ask walking towards him. His gaze never leaves the screen.

"I'm trying to be sure we aren't somehow being tract. Call it fucking paranoia, but I just always have a feeling" the sayings typing some sort of weird code on the laptop. It looks like one of that government stuff. Huh.

"Alright" I then walk back to the dresser and grab my phone and plop down on my back on the bed. Suddenly as I am holding the phone in front of me it is snatched. I then hear a crushing sound.

I quickly sit up and see Asher crushing the device into a million pieces.

"What the actual fuck" I say yelling at him.

"Hm, cursing suits you" is all he says then walks back to his desk. What?

"why the hell did you do that?!" I yell now standing up. He is annoying me severely.