Chapter 14

BIT OF A WARNING: SEXUAL CONTENT AHEAD

Asher

This plan sucks. To which I don't actually have one.

Fuck.

We've been driving for hours and I honestly have no idea where I am going. I think, at this point, I evidently stabbed Boss in the back. Which means either one of two things. One, he will let me off easy and get the information but kill Laylie. Or two, kill me then kill Laylie after he gets Dimitri's location to which she doesn't fucking have. Boss doesn't care, he'd still kill her. And obviously, neither of those two options can fucking happen. So I guess you can say we are on the run.

Great.

We have been driving for who knows how fucking long and I'm getting sick of it. I glance over at her and she is fast asleep.

He hair cascades around her porcelain face and her plump soft pink lips are slightly opened. Her breathing is peaceful and even. She is a flawless masterpiece.

I clench my jaw and let out a frustrated sigh. This is all ruined. All for what? A girl I barely know but have a need to have?

It's about 3 pm. Laylie must be hungry even though she's asleep. I should wake her. I'm heading west and the roads seem deserted. All I see are fucking trees around and its starting to irritate me. I zoom down the highway looking for any sign of food. Uno's next exit. Well, I guess that's a where I'm heading. I zip past in the next lane and many may think I'm driving like a lunatic but Laylie here is fast asleep. Maybe she really is Dimitri's daughter. I remember the first time she had ridden in my car and the shocked yet excitement she had shown on her face surprised me. Just like her father, the want of adrenaline.

This town seems vacant but then I see a few locals walking and conversing. I look and spot the restaurant and pull into the driveway. It seems empty thankfully.

I park the car.

Glancing over at her I selfishly stare at her peace. The way she seems so content. As if nothing in the last 24 hours ever happened. Dreaming of a tranquil tomorrow. Gently I shake Laylie attempting to wake her. She begins to stir and sighs. I move her soft hair out of the way revealing her to me. Her beauty never fails to hypnotize me.

"Babe, hey, wake up," I say in a hushed gentle tone while leaning against her chair combing her hair away. Her grey-blue eyes flutter open and adjust.

"Where are we?" She asks in a groggy voice.

"I stopped at Uno's so we could get something to eat," I say as she now straightens herself out. She then slumps back into the seat.

"I'm not hungry," she says in a monotone voice.

"You're gonna eat. You haven't eaten all day." I say sternly. I notice her jaw tighten at my words and she is now looking down at her lap while her arms are crossed. I then proceed out of the car standing up.

Her conflicting moods are starting to irritate me and give me whiplash. I rub my face and let out a sigh.

Bending down, she is still in the car, "you can't stay mad at me forever, whether you like it or not this is happening and this is real." I then shut the door walking to the front of the car leaning against it. I clench my jaw and pull a cigarette to my mouth. Lighting it, I take a large inhale of the killer stick shutting my eyes. I let out the smoke and stare at the large trees surrounding us. I don't know how I got into this situation. She made me lose control.

I then hear the car door opening but I don't bother moving. Her footsteps come to me until she is standing right in front of me. I take another inhale of the stick and exhale turning my head so the smoke doesn't go in her face. She seems irritated and annoyed as she keeps her arms crossed. I raise a brow keeping my scowl.