"Oh really?" Sungyeon turned to Siyeon. "I swear she mentioned about a Lee Jeno a few times." Siyeon pinched Sungyeon's arm which made the elder winced.

"She...did?" Jeno looked at Siyeon questioningly. He thought Siyeon hated him and his guts. So why was she talking about him?

"Y-you're wrong. It's not like that." Siyeon defended herself, waving her hands frantically.

"Don't worry. It's probably nothing. She hates me after all." Jeno shrugged and excused himself from the three to return to his team. 

If he stayed longer, he was worried whether Siyeon would hate him more and never even talk to him. He clearly tried to avoid going into that direction. He didn't hate her so he wanted her to be friends again.

"I don't even hate you, idiot."

  •••••  

"So what happened?"

Jaemin pulled Jeno away from the others when he arrived. Jeno looked totally confused with the question. "What happened?" Jeno asked Jaemin back, his eyebrows narrowed.

"Ugh, Jeno. What happened with you and that girl?" Jaemin pointed out.

"Siyeon?" Jeno asked, raising an eyebrow at the latter. Why was Jaemin interested in Siyeon? Why did he want to know anyways?

"Yeah, you didn't tell me you knew such a pretty girl." Jaemin whispered, making Jeno roll his eyes at him. 

"Bro, if Hina heard you, she would hit you." Donghyuck who squished in between the two interrupted, giving a look at Jaemin.

"Don't bother us, Hyuck. Leave us alone." Jaemin pushed him away from them both.

"Hey, I wanna hear the tea too!" Donghyuck exclaimed, clinging onto Jeno's arm. "We need to know exactly what happened. I didn't knew you were friends with the rude girl." 

"She's not rude," Jeno said, shaking off Donghyuck and trying to push Jaemin away.

Usually Jeno was stronger and he could chase them away but Donghyuck was being an extra clingy koala while Jaemin had his workout so he didn't really budge.

"Shut it, the two of you." Jeno snapped which made the two let go of him. "Nothing really happened, guys. I dropped Siyeon off with her team. She's hurt." Jeno explained.

"We know that already," Jaemin beamed. "What we need to know is your history with her, it seemed like you don't really have a good relationship," 

"We don't," Jeno replied.

"Why? 'Cause she's rude even though she's pretty?" Donghyuck asked.

"No," Jeno denied. "I don't remember her starting to hate me, but she stopped hanging out with me one day so I thought that she disliked playing with me and only wanted to befriend girls. Her whole squad are girls and I'm sure she avoids boys all the time." 

"Whoa, you've got a lot of info." Jaemin looked impressed by his knowledge.

"It's nothing like that. We're just not on good terms right now. We used to be really good friends," Jeno said.

"Yeah, we can tell with the glares and constant sighs on the trip way back." Donghyuck said sarcastically.

"Look, our parents are friends. We ended up seeing each other frequently. We're the same age and somehow got along with each other. We're neighbors, I see her every day on my way to and back from school. I can tell when somebody hates seeing even my shadow," Jeno explained.