Chapter 15: The New Place

"So we're going to just walk in there," Peridot raised an eyebrow, "Completely knowing it's a trap. Did we forget what happened last time?"

"Last time we weren't prepared," Sapphire shook her head, "This time, its possible to have the upper hand."

"I don't know," Lapis said. "Red is...brutal. I've only seen a little of what she's planning myself but I don't think even Jasper would willingly walk in there."

"It's not like we have much else up our sleeves," Sapphire sighed. "It's possible that if we intercept Red before she's finished with the trap, we could capture her."

"Then what?" Amethyst asked. "Its not like she's going to want to stay locked up this time."

"Do we have any other ideas?" Pearl countered. "Sapphire's right. This might be our best chance to catch her alone."

"We should go," Steven said. "Maybe if we tried to talk to her she'd listen...this time." His words got quieter as he spoke.

When no one else offered any argument, Sapphire continued. "Then it's settled. We'll go meet Red's trap head on. Since we know it's on another Homeworld ship, like Peridot's trap, she should know how the defense system works." She looked at Peridot who confirmed this with a nod. "Peridot will help us shut the system down. Meanwhile the rest of us will capture Red."

The others shared glances. It wasn't the most solid plan; however, no one suggested a better one.

"Lapis," Sapphire turned to her, "You'll be our last resort. If something goes wrong or Red gets away, were depending on you to get us out of there from the outside." Lapis nodded.

"Alright gems," Sapphire turned to them. "Let's move out."

Lapis lead the group to the warp pad where they warped to a small grassy area.

"Where are we?" Steven asked.

Pearl looked around. "I...don't know actually. This isn't any gem sight I recognize." Pearl looked at Sapphire who shook her head. Already the group felt uneasy about this. Why would there be a warp pad in the middle of no where?

"It's this way." Lapis began walking. "Stay low." The team followed her example to a hill just big enough to hide behind. If they looked over it they could see a large cube, hovering a few inches off the ground.

"That's not like any ship I've ever seen." Peridot asked, "Is that it?"

Lapis nodded. "Red should be inside. I can't follow you any more from here but...good luck."

The group of five nodded back at her and Lapis flew away for cover. Stealthily sneaking towards the cube, the group ducked into the shadows of the entrance.

"Be careful," Pearl said. "We have no idea where Red might be."

"You could say that again," Red's voice echoed through the cube as the lights shut off, leaving them in complete and utter darkness.