Chapter 4: Hidden Away

"Go to the Kindergarten they said," Peridot grumbled. "It'll be easy they said." The small gem watched her footing as she climbed down the tunnel carefully.

"Clods," Peridot spoke to herself. "They're all clods. This is work for clods." When the gems said they needed her help, it was needless to say that Peridot hadn't expected to be the one doing the dirty work.

Continuing her meaningless ramble, Peridot jumped down to the floor. The cavern smelled like dirt which made sense now that Peridot thought about it because that's what the cavern was made of. Peridot scoffed at herself. Clod.

Peridot walked through the area until the earth merged with metal and she was standing in the room she had first met Steven in.

She pulled up the screen and began loading all the documents she could onto the flash drive she brought with her. Not bothering to leave any copies on the computer drive that the enemies could use, she reset the device and hastily began her journey back to the warp pad.

The gems thought there might be answers somewhere on this little stick. Peridot knew there most likely was nothing but she also knew they didn't have much else to go on.

As she resurfaced, Peridot stopped for a minute once she saw the beauty of the kindergarten and sighed. She almost wished she could go back to Homeworld. Anything would be better than the mess they were in.

Stupid mission. Stupid hijacking. Stupid, stupid mistakes. Why did it have to be her anyways?

Peridot stared at the flash drive with resentment. The sooner this whole ordeal was over, the better.

"You can do this." Peridot sighed. "For La-"

"Well, well, well..." A low familiar voice drawled out. "Look what the Lapis dragged in."

Peridot turned around to see Lapis looking down in shame. Gripping her arm roughly was Jasper and standing in front of them was none other than the reason Peridot was in the Kindergarten in the first place.

"Ruby."