The walk

(Peri pov)

When Lapis finally came out of the house pumpkin tried her best to run to her only to be stopped by the leash. "Boy this pups a ball of energy." I thought to myself lapis just chucked as pumpkin tried running to her fighting against the leash. I looked at her and smiled softly "You ready to walk?". She nods and grabbed my hand and begins to walk to a cleared out path to the water. It was a nice morning the waves haven't even gotten big yet and there was a nice over cast. As we walked down the beach lapis seemed to be in a trance. After a while I couldn't stop from asking "Are you okay Lapis?" Lapis looked at me with a small gasp and replied with "Y-Yeah I-I'm fine.". Now I known lapis for a while now and when she says something like that I know somethings wrong. I made us stop near a fallen palm tree and asked "Lapis you can tell me if somethings wrong." She just looked at me before looking down. It was a brief moment of silence when she finally spoke to me "I was just reminded of jasper...". I was a little shocked about the response I mean how could she be reminded of that brute? She knew I was confused she sighed and said "Peri...I meet Jasper after a terrible accident a long time ago..I was on my moms private jet when it had been sabotaged by a unknown assailant. I was stuck on a raft for days living off of whatever supplies I could find in the raft. I was rescued fifteen days by one of Aunt yellow diamonds oil boats. The captain of the boat was Jasper you have to understand after fifteen days at sea by yourself you where ready for any human interaction. While we where on the ship she took care of me I thought she was nice and after a week of being on the ship we had started dating." I had to interrupt by asking "What where you doing on there for more then one week?" Lapis looked at me after picking up pumpkin and said " Well we had to do the ships duties I mean mom knew where I was when they got me they told her they found me. Anyway when me and jasper got on land jasper quit her job for yellow and took a job as a ship yard worker. After a few years we moved in together in her condo. After a week together in there things started going wrong...she lost her job because of drugs. She started drinking coming home drunk and..." She went quiet a tear rolled down her cheek. I cleaned away her tear and hugged her tight and told her she didn't have to continue. We decided to head home after I drove back thinking that it would be best lapis had fallen asleep on the ride home.