House sitting

(Lapis)

Getting pumpkin was great but we learned quick that our little guy was a little girl. In retrospect we should have checked when we got her. A few weeks after our discovery I had gotten a call from Steven apparently he and his dad where going on a fishing trip for a week. He had asked me to go over and feed his cat named lion and water some of his plants, I agreed. He offered to pay me but I refused telling him that I would do it because we are friends. I had told peridot it she told me she was going to come with me to keep me company. We had gotten up early the next morning to take the half hour drive to Stevens house. I never realized  how long a trip it was until peridot said something. Steven lived outside the city in a beach house he and his father got when his mother passed away. It was sad thinking about it he never even got to meet his own mother. From what I heard she was a kind women that owned a small chain of flower shops that rivaled moms younger sisters company. I looked over at peridot and pumpkin then smile softly. "Hey peridot are you excited?" I said to her trying to make the car ride less quiet. Peridot looked at me and held my hand "of course I am lapis I am excited wherever we go." I smile big and turn into Stevens driveway. His house was pretty big and the exterior was covered in plants. I parked the car and exit the car. Pumpkin jumped out of Peridot's lap and fallowed me out I grabbed his leash and put him on it. Peridot got out and adjusted her glasses we could see the beach from where we parked it was kind of cool. The water was a light blue and was pretty clear from what we could see. Peridot looked at me from where she stood and said "After we are done in there so you want to take a walk by the water?" I close my car door and nod. "I'd love that peri." I went up to the front door and looked for the place where steven said he hid the key. Once inside his house I started looking around for lion last time I was here he wouldn't stop attacking my feet until I pet him. I called out and suddenly a small bell could be heard jingling from the kitchen. I chuckle when I saw the tubby white Persian cat leap up on the back of the sofa. I pet his head and then made my way to the kitchen to fill his bowl. I was kind of upset that peri had to stay outside with pumpkin but it was for the best pumpkin didn't know how to act around cats. After filling lions water bowl and food bowl I began to water all the plants. So many plants. To many. About five minutes after entering the house I had walked out and looked at peri. "You ready to take that walk?" She just smiled and nodded.

((So sorry guys I forgot that I was writing a story and started getting into my art deeply I'm so sorry))