Chapter 14 - Farewell

"I don't know how you say good-bye to whom and what you love. I don't know a painless way to do it, don't know the words to capture a heart so full and a longing so intense." - Laura Wiess, How it ends

Itachi jumped back from Sasuke's attack and started running towards Daisuke.

"Tch, I can't control my body." he said through gritted teeth. He was ready to hit Daisuke when Sakura appeared in front of him, blocking his attack with her forearms. She caught his ankle.

Daisuke looked up at his mother with tears in his eyes, his lips trembling. Itachi observed that she had a strain of blood from her mouth to her chin.

"I'm sorry." he whispered. She avoided to look into his eyes being afraid that she would break.

"Daisuke, go home." Sakura ordered. Her son nodded and obeyed. He got up and started running towards the village which was quite close.

Itachi turned around, taking a kunai and being ready to slit her throat.

"SAKURA, FIGHT ME!" he shouted at her. She just fell on her knees, her tears hitting the ground.

"I can't..." she whispered. How could she? Fighting against the person you love... She couldn't do that not even when her life depended on it.

Panick overtook Itachi. He was going to kill her if she didn't resist. Sasuke caught his wrist and twisted it, breaking his bones. It hurt him too to fight his brother, but unlike Sakura, he could control his emotions better.

"Just in time." Itachi smirked.

The black crow with red eyes landed on Itachi's shoulder, looking into his eyes. A reversed genjutsu fell upon him, freeding him from Edo Tensei. It was actually meant to be used on Sasuke if he attacked the village, but it seems that they managed to find another way of stopping him.

Sasuke helped Sakura to get up and supported her weak body. Itachi silently watched the gentle interaction between them. His little brother pointed his sword at him to make him keep the distance from the pinkette.

"It's alright. He doesn't control me anymore." he looked at the crow, burning it with his Amaterasu.

"H-how?" Sakura panted.

"I initially tied this crow from your chakra to keep you safe. I did it ever since we were at the base. It would also put Sasuke into a genjutsu if he ever wanted to attack the village but I see that this is not the case since it still could use the genjutsu." his lover looked at him, being amazed by his intelligence. She concluded that he had a plan for anything. Even when he was on the edge of dying and even after his death he still defended the village. A hero from the shadows.

"I've seen this crow. Daisuke saw it too."

"Yes. Because he has a part of your chakra." his eyes softened thinking about his precious son. "It sensed your chakra and by it's design, it was tied by our son too."

Sakura closed her eyes for some seconds, letting the words flowing through her mind. Our son, it sounds so beautiful when he says that. She wished to hear that more often but it was impossible.

"I know where to to find the one responsible for this." he said turning tu Sasuke. "We should go and take care of him before he has any other ideas on how to attack the village. It may not be this lucky next time."

Sakura stopped Sasuke by grabbing his arm.

"No, I want to go. You go and see if Daisuke got home safe and inform the Hokage."

The avenger turned his head towards the pinkette.

"Are you sure?"

She sucked in a breath "Yeah. I want to do this."