Chapter 9 - A merciless Uchiha

"If you cannot hold me in your arms, then hold my memory in high regard.
And if I cannot be in your life, then at least let me live in your heart." - Renata Suzuki

*Four years later*

Sasuke was in a mission and won't be back until tomorrow morning. She had the bed all for herself. Sakura stretched her arms yawning. She put Daisuke already in bed and read him a bed time story about a warrior. He hated the cliche stories about helpless princesses.

She thought about how much Daisuke looked like Itachi. Sasuke showed her one day a photo with him and his brother since they were children and Sakura could swear that Daisuke and Itachi are twins. He inherted everything from his father. Even his personality and intelligence. She looked into his eyes and saw Itachi, bringing so much pain to her heart. Daisuke was the first in the pre Academy. He didn't always go because he already knew the basic things. Sakura and Sasuke took care of teaching him and he was a fast learner. In his spare time he liked to train in the backyard, throwing kunais and shurikens at targets instead of playing with the kids that were his age. He always overanalyzed everything and was so quiet. Yet, he looked up to Sasuke. He saw him like a father and he was intelligent enough to know that something was going on between him and Sakura. He never asked, though. It wasn't his business.

It was a bit past midnight when Sakura turned off the lights. Outside was a storm which violently his the window. The lighting illuminated the room for some seconds, making the pinkette shiver. The bed felt cold without Sasuke. She turned her face towards the closed door, closing her eyes and hoping to get some sleep. She heard the door cracking open and thank's to the lighting, she could see her son's face. He tip toed to the bed and put a little hand on his mother's shoulder. He knew that uncle wasn't home tonight.

''Mom? Can I sleep with you? I had a nightmare.'' her child climbed in the King Sized bed near his mother searching for her warmth. She hugged him tight at her chest. He wasn't the type to be scared that easly which led to her next question.

''What was that about?'' she asked in her soft motherly voice.

''About dad.'' her eyes widened in surprise. Her child smiled while holding onto his mother's arm. Itachi? How? What was it about that scared him so much? But before she could ask, Daisuke continued.

''But I saw his face, though.'' he opened his eyes to stare at his mother who was already starring back at her precious treasure, unsure of what she could say in such situation. It took her aback.

''How was he like?'' she asked, her voice cracking and tears falling down her cheeks. She missed him dearly. Only someone mentioning him was enough to break her.

The little toddler wiped his mother tears with his little thumb looking into her eyes not knowing why she was in such pain. It hurt to see his mother crying even though he saw this often. Was she mad at him? Did he say something wrong? It was the first time when he couldn't tell.

He pointed his finger towards himself.

''He looked like me.''

Sakura placed ger chin on his head, feeling her salty tears on her lips.

"Mom? Did I say something wrong?" it was rare to see her child acting his age.

"No, my love. You didn't. I just... Miss your father." she whispered through tears. Daisuke held tight in his fist her white shirt.

"Go to sleep, it's late. I will protect you no matter what." she kissed the top of his head.

They both fell asleep like that.