Chapter 33: THAT'S ENOUGH!

"Fernando, come on! Just get up already!"

Natalia has been trying to get me out of bed for the past ten minutes, but I wouldn't budge. I knew my parents were coming over today, and I really did not want to deal with them. At times I feel like I might have been too harsh on them yesterday, but what do they expect? They've been alive this entire time, and they decided it's okay to just show up out of nowhere?

"No. Natalia, just let me sleep." I whined then put the pillow over my face.

"I know you don't want to get out of bed since your parents are coming over, but you need to let them explain, Fernando."

I lifted the pillow off my face and looked at Natalia."I don't want to listen to what they have to say." I said before putting the pillow back over my face.

She sighed before speaking. "Fine, you left me no choice."

It became silent, and just when I though she left me alone, I suddenly felt her kick me off the bed, in which I fell to the floor with a loud thud.

"Natalia!" I groaned.

"I warned you. You wouldn't get out of bed, so I had to kick you off."

Before she had time to react I quickly pulled her down, and she landed on my chest.

"I don't believe that was fair, hermosa [beautiful]."

"Oh well. Now, hurry up and go take a shower, you're parents will be here soon." She then got up and walked out the door, closing it behind her.

I threw my head back and sighed in annoyance, but shortly after regretted it when my head hit the hard wood floor.

Well today's just going to be a peachy day, isn't it?
______________________________

After I took a shower and got dressed, I made my way down the stairs. I heard the TV on, so I walked into the living room and sat down next to Natalia.

"I see you finally listened to me." She said as she turned the volume down and faced me.

"It was a struggle, but I did. Imagine what would have happened to me if I didn't. You're a crazy woman."

"True, but I'm your crazy woman." She giggled.

"And in just a couple more months, you'll be mine 'till death do us part, baby girl." I smiled.

"I can't wait for our wedding!" She squealed in excitement. "Do... do you know if your going to invite your parents?" She asked.

"Honestly, I don't know..."

Natalia was about to say something, but then she got cut off by the doorbell ringing.

Great they're here.

I sighed then got off the couch as I helped Natalia off.

"If you want I can leave. I don't want to be in the way when you talk to your parents."

"No, I want you to stay. You've been there for me since the beginning. When they walk in, when we're going towards my office, when we're discussing things, I want you by my side for all of it."

I took her hand in mine and walked towards the door. I took a deep breath, then opened the door, allowing them to walk inside.

"Hi, mijo [son]—" My mom began as she came towards me, wanting to give me a hug. I cut her off and backed away, not wanting a hug from either of them.

"I don't have time for this, follow me to my office." I said with a hint of anger in my voice.

With Natalia by my side—hand in hand—we walked towards my office. I had my parents walk inside first, then Natalia and I walking in afterwards. We walked to the other side of my desk, and I sat down as Natalia stood next to me with her hand resting on my shoulder.