Chapter 32: They're alive...

I stared at them. I thought my eyes were deceiving me, but it's actually them... they're standing right here in front of me.

My mom stood there with the gun in her hands, and my dad... he stood there ready to kill anyone who had intentions of killing her. She's the one who shot Nikolai.

"H—how, but I saw you two—" Suddenly a bullet flew past me. I completely forgot Nikolai's men and Kevin were still in the room.

Right now I couldn't worry about my parents who I thought were dead. Right now I have to keep Natalia, and everyone from the Spanish Mafia safe. I reloaded my gun and protectively stood in front of Natalia.

"Mateo, Alex, and Jake... you guys know what you have to do."

They all nodded then began shooting some of the men. The members of the Spanish Mafia who came along began shooting as well.

As Nikolai's men got closer, Alex put himself in front of Camila, while Mateo put himself in front of Victoria. Suddenly, Natalia moved to the side and began shooting at the enemy.

"Natalia, what the hell are you doing?!"

"I'm helping you! I am not just going to stand behind you." She yelled over the noise before shooting one of the enemies.

"Natalia, you're going to get hurt!"

"Fernando, I don't care. We do this shit together. If you die, I die too."

I love her, but why does she have to be so stubborn?

"Okay, okay, fine. Just... please be careful, Natalia."

"Okay."

Once again, it was complete chaos. I became worried over Natalia with every bullet that I heard go off.

I saw Kevin making his way towards the exit, so I went after him, but some of the men from the Russian Mafia got in my way. I shot them, but more just kept coming.

"Mateo, a little help?!"

Mateo ran towards me and began shooting some of the men. Seeing as how their leader is dead, they obviously want me dead, too.

Bullet after bullet, shot after shot, reload after reload... they were soon all dead. Kevin was probably five miles away by now, but I decided to just leave it.

He has nothing now, and it's not like he can do anything. Plus, he's not stupid enough to turn me into the police. If he goes to the police station he's basically turning himself in. Kevin doesn't know this, but I do have a few alliances at the police station. Even if I were to get arrested, I'd be out in a few days at the most.

I saw Haley was still there, worried over her family.

"Haley, go on and head home. I'll have two men go with you to keep an eye on your family, until it's safe. After that you'll never have to worry about the Mafia life again."

"O—okay. Thanks, Fernando." I smiled before she walked out the door with the two men I had sent to go with her.

I went towards Natalia as she ran into my arms. "You okay, baby girl?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Are you okay?" She asked looking up at me.

"I'm perfectly fine. See, I told you we'd be okay." I said before giving her a kiss on the cheek.

She giggled, but then I heard someone clear their throat behind me.

I turned around and came face to face with my mother.

"Mijo [Son], we're so sorry we made you think we've been dead this entire time." She said.

It felt a bit weird actually hearing her voice. I haven't heard her voice in six years. I couldn't help, but become angry at them...

"This, this entire time I thought you guys were dead..." I couldn't look her in the eye, I couldn't look either of them in the eye.

"Mijo [Son], and for that we're sor—" My father began to speak, but I cut him off.

"QUIT SAYING YOU GUYS ARE SORRY!"

"Fernando—" I cut him off once again.

"NO! THIS ENTIRE FUCKING TIME I THOUGHT YOU TWO WERE DEAD! I SAW YOU TWO DIE, I MOURNED YOUR GUYS' DEATH, I ACCEPTED THE FACT THAT I WOULD NEVER SEE YOUR FACES AGAIN!"

"Six years. Six. Fucking. Years. You know, I've had many nightmares. I've relived your guys' so called death," I said while doing air quotes. "At some points I even cried, I cried over the fact that I would never see you two again... but here you guys are. Six fucking years later and perfectly breathing."

"Mijo [Son]—"

"No, Mom! No! Do you guys know how heartbroken I was?! Do you guys have any idea what it felt like being a teenage boy, trying to balance my education while at the same time having to run a Mafia? Having to deal with the fact that I no longer had parents?! At my soccer games, I would look up in the stands and hope I would see you two there."

My dad was about to speak, but I didn't let him. I had to get all of this off my chest.

"Every day after the day you two supposedly died," I said while doing air quotes once again. "I prayed over and over and over again that you two would come back home, walking through our living room door, that I was having a nightmare, that you guys would be there when I woke up in the mornings! I—I..."

I began to tear up a bit, I couldn't help it. Did they hate me? Did I do something wrong to have them stay away from me for six years?!

"Did you guys hate me that much to abandon me at the age of sixteen? Have me believe you guys died, when in reality you two just abandoned me?!"

"Mijo [Son], no! We didn't abandon you! We've been there this entire time, keeping an eye on you from a distance."

"Wait, wait. Hold on, did you just say you two were keeping an eye on me from a distance?"

"Yes. We never abandoned you..."

"This entire time you guys have not only been alive, but you two have been keeping an eye on me from the distance, as well?! Did it ever even occur to you guys to at least send me a letter, or come talk to me for at least five fucking minutes?!"

"Fernando—"

"No, I—I can't listen to you guys right now. I— I have to get home. Meet me tomorrow at the mansion to explain yourselves, because right now... I just can't listen to you guys."

I was about to give them the address, but then I remembered...

"I'm sure you two know exactly where I live, considering the fact that you two have been keeping an eye on me this entire time." I spat bitterly.

"Come on, Natalia. Alex, Mateo, Jake, I'll see you guys later."

"Fernando!" My mom yelled on the verge of tears as my hand rested on the door handle.

I couldn't look at her. I just simply couldn't. How am I supposed to look my own mother in the eyes after finding out that they've basically abandoned me?

After a few minutes, I finally spoke up. "I'll see tomorrow, Sylvia..." I said with my back still facing her, and with that I closed the door behind me and left...

~~~

Poor, Fernando...😭💔

What do you guys think of the way Fernando acted?

Was it fair towards his parents or not?

What will Fernando's parents say to him when they next meet up?

Comment, vote, and let me know what you guys thought!😊

Love ya guys, until next chapter!💕

~Kely