Chapter 29: A Painful Memory...

*Two days later*

I was currently at the base with everyone, but I kept zoning out every few seconds. We were planning our next move while reading the past letters Nikolai has sent, trying to figure things out. I would continuously get distracted, thinking about that same damn memory, the memory that no one should have to go through, the memory that I wish it could just be a dream, but sadly... it's reality.

It was after school one day. I got home and walked inside, but it was empty... usually my parents got home before I did. However, that day was different, and something happened, something that broke me...

That day... that day was the day I lost my parents...

I got home, went up to my room, and threw my backpack on my bed. As I made my way towards my desk I noticed a note in between my books.

Mijo [Son], once you come back from school, meet us at the base. Love you. ~ Mom & Dad

I put the note back down on my desk, grabbed my keys, then left out the door.
______________________________

I walked inside the base, and into my dad's office, but my parents weren't there. I walked out and looked for Michael, who is Caleb's dad, and my dad's best friend.

"Michael?!"

"What's up kid?"

"Have you seen my parents?"

"Fernando, they left like two hours ago..."

"Two hours?!"

"Yeah. Wait, they aren't back home?"

"No, I got home and the house was empty. I went up to my room, and there was a note from them, telling me to come to the base."

"That's weird..."

"Now that I think about it... they probably went to go get some food or something. I'll go back home and see if they're back."

"Alright. Drive safe!" Michael yelled as I walked towards the door.

"Will do!" I yelled back while leaving.
______________________________

I parked my car in the driveway, then headed towards the door. However, just as I was about to take my keys out of my pocket, to unlock the door, someone put a sack over my head. I immediately elbowed them, kicked them, did everything I could to escape, but they had enough, and injected me with some serum. In a few seconds I passed out...

*An hour later*

As I felt myself starting to wake up, someone suddenly yanked the sack off of my head. I was greeted by a dim light, but a few feet away there were my parents... tied up, and sitting on the floor back to back. That's when I noticed I was tied up, too.

"Well, well, well, I see your son decided to join us."

"Don't you dare hurt him!" My mom yelled while her and my dad untied their hands, without Nikolai noticing.