Chapter 31: Vengeance

*A week later*

The day after Haley showed up, I told everyone to meet up at the base, and we came up with a plan.

Haley's currently with Nikolai right now, making sure her part of the plan works out. The rest of us are preparing and loading all of the  weapons with ammo.

While the guys and I were in my office talking, Natalia and the girls went to go get some more equipment.

"Today's the day, Fernando. How do you feel?" Mateo asked.

"I... I feel ready. Nikolai's going to feel every ounce of pain my parents felt when he killed them."

Suddenly, Natalia, Victoria, and Camila walked in. Natalia held a bag full of knives, Victoria held a bag full of guns and ammo, and Camila held Alex's special equipment.

"Victoria, I still don't know how I feel about you coming along..."

"Mateo, I'll be fine. Plus, I know how to use a gun."

"Yeah, but you got hurt last time."

"Mateo, we all don't know how to feel about the girls coming along, but they promised to be careful. Plus, we're wearing bulletproof vests under our clothing." I said.

"Okay, fine, but so help me Victoria... if you get hurt—"

"Mateo, calm down. I promise I'll be fine." She reassured him.

"Okay..."
______________________________

Everyone went inside their vehicles, but I stayed back to speak with Jake for a while.

"How are you feeling?"

"Happy to know those two Petrovs' will be joining their sister in hell after today." He said while putting about three reloads of bullets in his jacket.

"I know exactly how you feel."

"How are you feeling? The day you've been waiting for is finally here." He asked as he looked up at me every few seconds, waiting for my response.

"Honestly, it feels so surreal. I'm still in a bit of shock that I'm finally getting my revenge on him, but I'm so glad this fucking game will be over after today."

"I feel the same way." Jake chuckled as he slipped an extra gun in the back of his pants.

"How are you feeling about Ivan?"

"I'm not worried. He has weak defense skills and as long as I put a bullet through his head, I'll be happy."

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, so I pulled it out, and saw that I received a text from Natalia.

Mi Princesa💍💖: Babe, we're all set. Just waiting on you and Jake.

Me: Alright. Thanks, beautiful. We'll be there soon.

Mi Princesa💍💖: Okay.😊

I put my phone back in my pocket then looked at Jake.

"You ready, Jake?"

He reloaded his gun, looked up, then smirked.