Chapter 16: Missed Me?

*Jake's POV*

We finished up at the restaurant and I was currently at my doorstep. I unlocked my door and went inside, closing the door behind me. I went over to the light switch and turned them on, but once the lights came on, I suddenly felt someone's arm wrap around my neck.

"You missed me, Jake?" He whispered in my ear, followed by a laugh. I immediately recognized who it was.

I quickly elbowed him in his stomach, which caused him to release the grip he had around my neck. I wrapped my hand around his throat and pushed him up against the wall, making his back crash harshly from the amount of force I used.

"How the hell did you get into my apartment, Ivan?"

He looked at me with a smug look. "I got my ways." I rolled my eyes and was about to punch him, but he suddenly spoke up.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, no need to punch me. Chill, Jake."

"You think I shouldn't punch you?" I scoffed.

This idiot can't be serious right now.

"Please, after everything you and your fucking brother have put me and Fernando through, I think I should. No, in fact, you may be right, because after all the bullshit you two idiots have put us through, the least I could do is kill you."

I started tightening my grip around his throat. His face started turning red as he gasped for air, but suddenly his fist made contact with my jaw. I stumbled back, releasing the grip I had around his throat, as he began coughing from how close I was to killing him. I looked at Ivan with a deadly glare once he finally decided to look up.

"God, you have no idea how long I've been waiting to punch you after last time."

I spit blood out and continued giving Ivan a deadly glare. "I have no problem beating your ass, again."

"You sure you're gonna beat my ass, Jake?" He walked towards me and when he least expected it... I punched him.

"No, I plan on killing you instead." I smirked.

His fist made contact with my jaw one more time. I placed two of my fingers on the cut that was now on my lip, as I saw blood on the tip of my fingers.

I let out a short laugh. "You just don't give up, do you?"

"No, I don't." He smirked.

I punched him then proceeded with a roundhouse kick. He shook his head, trying to regain consciousness. Once he did, he looked at me with a deadly glare, and punched me with so much force, that I ended up on the floor.

He headed towards the door and with his hand on the doorknob, before looking back at me.

"Tell Fernando that I'll be seeing him very soon." And with that he walked out the door, closing it behind him.

I got up, headed towards the kitchen for an ice pack, and placed it on my jaw. Out of anger I grabbed a glass cup, and threw it on the floor.

I have to let Fernando know what just happened; I took my phone out of my pocket and dialed his number.

*Phone Call*

"What's up, Jake?"

"You at your place?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I—I'll explain when I get there."

"Alright, see you soon."

"Okay, bye."

I headed out the door, got in my car, and drove to Fernando's place.
______________________________

Fernando's guard at the fence entrance let me in. I continued driving until I reached his driveway and parked my car. I knocked on his door as he opened it shortly after.

"Hey, come in."

"Thanks." I said as I proceeded to walk in.

"So, what's—JAKE WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO YOUR FACE!?"

"Ivan happened." I said with irritation in my voice as I rolled my eyes.

Fernando pinched the bridge of his nose and let out a frustrated sigh. Ivan decided to show up to Marcus's funeral, but now he did this... it infuriated Fernando.

"Come on, I'll get you an ice pack and you can tell me what happened." He said as we walked towards the kitchen.

I sat down on one of the chairs as Fernando walked over to the freezer, and got me an ice pack. I placed it on my jaw, causing me to let out a sigh in slight discomfort.

"Explain to me every fucking detail that happened." He said as he leaned back on the kitchen countertop in front of me, crossing his arms.

So, I explained everything. From the moment Ivan had his arm wrapped around my throat to the moment he walked out the door.

"What the hell does he mean he'll be seeing me very soon?"

"I honestly don't know."

After a few seconds of both of us thinking about what Ivan said, it finally hit me.

"Fernando..."

"What?"

"When's the ball?" I asked as I sat the ice pack on the countertop.

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Next week, why? No, you don't think he'll show up to that, do you?"

"I mean, it is possible."

"But it's also too predictable."

"Well, yeah, but think about it. You'll have most of your family there, and we'll be busy chatting, drinking, or dancing that they'll expect us to be unprepared."

"Holy shit... you're right, it's the perfect moment for something like that to happen."

"So, what are we going to do?"

"Meet me in my office, I'm going to call Mateo and Alex. We have to plan something out, I am not letting them hurt anyone else."

~~~

What will the guys plan?

How will the ball go?

Comment, vote, and let me know what you guys thought!😊

Love ya guys. until next chapter!💕

~Kely