Lucid Nightmare

The pain was still coursing through your head as your eyes remained closed. The aching spread over your body but started to fade as the whirring of the machine disappeared as well. Your body felt strange, it felt lifted in mid air but your feet were touching solid ground.

Where were you? The strangest thing was that it felt like a dream but you were fully aware of what was happening in the dream and you could control it. You slowly peeled your eyes open, slightly scared of what you were going to see. As you opened your eyes, your senses began to engage all at once resulting in immediate confusion.

Lights were flashing which blinded you, there was the sound of traffic, but it was amplified to an abnormal volume that left your head pounding. You felt a rush of wind whipping against your face and slightly pushing your body backwards, but not enough to push you completely off your feet.

As soon as the lights stopped flashing, you realised where you were, and it wasn't exactly pleasant. It turns out that the strong wind was caused by you standing on the edge of an extremely high building. The city lights blurred around you in smears of blues, reds and yellows which was beautiful but intimidating in its own way.

However you realised you made a massive mistake of looking down at the endless rows of traffic, which resulted in a slight pain of fear and shock hit your stomach and chest. Your feet were right on the edge but for some reason you were unable to move your feet at all. Your breathing increased, feeling the wind become noticeably stronger, pushing your body forward further over the edge of the building.

"Jump

"Jump." A voice from behind you said calmly, making you jump a little. You immediately turned your head to the left to see a dark figure also on the edge, but sitting instead. "What?!" You exclaimed in shock of what the figure said. It was a girl about your age who actually looked quite similar to you. She was staring out into the city lights that blended in with the stars.

You got distracted by the beautiful view that you didn't realise the girl was now behind you and had her hands on your shoulders. "I said, jump." The growl of the girl's voice tingled the back of your neck along with her breath. "No! I won't jump! I know I'm in control of this, you can't make me do it." You stated firmly and forced your feet back off of the edge and onto safe ground.

You turned around to see the girl standing still in front of you, staring you in the eye fiercely. "Look I don't know who you are, but I am tired of people telling me what I can and can't do. Just leave me alone!" As soon as you said that everything started to dissolve and your brain filled with the sound of static once again.

You closed your eyes and held your head as it filled with pressure, only to find that it had already stopped and you were now in a new location. A room that was small but looked very familiar. Your bedroom. Why were you here? Sadness and anger started to build up and tears began spilling from your eyes.

You walked around as you stroked the curtains and the wardrobe and ran your fingers across the sheets on your bed. "I miss this." You said quietly your voice breaking as tears interfered. You slowly wondered if your mum was home, despite this being a simple simulation, you wanted to have some kind of interaction. Even if it was fake.

You walked towards your door and opened it quickly. But instead of seeing the normal layout, it was an endless corridor that faded into darkness at the end. However a single light flickered on and you froze. Your body once again paralyzed as you spotted a figure at the end of the corridor. It was the same figure as before.

You wanted to call out but nothing came out. However as you looked closely you realised that the figure was spasming and shaking violently. Suddenly it stopped and its head shot towards you. Unexpectedly the figure began running at an inhuman speed at you along with a faint manic laugh following it. Scared out of your mind, you screamed silently and managed to squeeze your eyes shut, like a young child hoping for the demons to leave.

However there was no impact except from a sharp pain in your neck which resulted in your eyes flying open, to see the nightmare world dissolve around you to reveal the old, stained, concrete walls of the torture room. You were back to reality but there was no time for you to be relieved, since you already started to feel dizzy and faint.

It was a similar feeling to when you got injected by Jungkook and you passed out immediately. And that's exactly what happened, but instead of hitting the floor you were picked up by two manly and comfortable arms, that brought you to a place of comfort after the hell you went through.