First Morning

The sheets were warm and heavy on your body, preventing you from moving too much. Not like you wanted to do that anyway but you knew you had to get up at one point.

A small smile spread across your face as thoughts of your mum and family drifted through your mind. However, a wave of sudden realisation shot through your body, causing your eyes to open and your body to sit up.

Tears began to fall from your eyes dropping onto the sheets and a cold chill ran down your spine. "I'm never going back." You said to yourself through sobs and sniffs.

As you began to calm down, you thought about the day ahead. How were they going to treat you? What were they going to do to you? Will you ever go home or find out why you're here? So many questions rushed through your head as you stared blankly and tiredly at the sheets covering your lap.

You gathered yourself, made your way over to the wardrobe and grabbed a long white  t-shirt of the guy's and slipped it on after taking just your pyjama shirt off. You subconsciously new that the guy from before had already woken up early and gone downstairs so you were okay to get dressed.

Your hand hesitantly reached out to turn the doorknob, expecting it to still be locked from before, just for it to jerk open. As you made your way out of the door you were greeted with a large corridor reaching out either side of the doorway for about what seemed like a mile. Suddenly you heard the faint echo of cheerful sounding voices making it's way through the house. 

You decided to follow the voices out of pure curiosity. Even though you were scared of meeting "the others" you were still curious of what they looked like and hoped that there would be someone nice at least. You finally managed to shake the thoughts out of your head and forced yourself forward to the left.

Your mouth hung open as you began to walk. The walls were beige with thin burgundy red stripes going vertically up the wall. You passed multiple closed doors, sparking your curiosity but resisted the temptation to open them.

There were also multiple objects as you continued to walk slowly down the corridor, such as tables with random vases of white lilies and pink flowers, white and grey marble pedestals with modern and abstract sculptures. The carpet beneath your bare feet was a dark red with a gold trim around the edges. This place looked like royalty and almost dream-like. At least you hoped it was a dream.

You snapped out of your trance and noticed you had come to a massive room. About 20 metres across from you was more of the corridor that leads to even more rooms. To your right there was a massive staircase in the centre of the room leading down near to the front door. It was almost like a ballroom.

You ran your hand along the gold and dark oak banisters and continued to walk towards the staircase. A massive chandelier hang in the centre of the ceiling, the crystals sparkling in the morning sunlight, scattering fragmented rainbows about the floor beneath you. A small gasp escaped you lips.

You began to make your way down the stairs admiring the enormous windows revealing only sky and a few trees. You continued to walk down the stairs but froze at the sight of the front door. Your heart beat quickened and thoughts began to whirr through your brain.

"Should I leave?" You thought to yourself. "Or should I wait....." You were scared of what was going to happen in the house, but even more scared if your escape fails and what happens after that. You come to a conclusion that your fate could be worse if you attempt to escape so you decide to continue walking, tearing your eyes away from the exit whenever you could.

You managed your way down the rest of the stairs and gasped at the cold wooden floor hitting your bare feet. You turned to your right where the voices grew louder and started towards some thick oak double doors that were opened a crack.

However, before you could get a glimpse of the scene behind the door you heard loud barking that echoed through the hall. You spun around rapidly to be greeted by a small, brown, curly-haired dog that was the source of the barking. "Ssshhhh! No! It's okay shh!" You whisper-shouted trying to frantically calm down the yapping dog. But it didn't work no matter what you tried. Suddenly you heard the crack of the doors opening from behind you.

"What do you think you're doing?"