Chapter 27

A/N:
1 chapter left!!! Sequel anybody?

(America's POV)
My sister and I sit in my room and banter for quite a bit. Then May yells,
"Oh my gosh! America!" She points out the window and I run over. My window shows the gardens. When I get there, I see Maxon and Kriss deep in a conversation. A pang of jealousy sweeps through me. Stop it, America, I think to myself. He's allowed to take other girls on dates too.
"What are we gonna do?" May asks urgently. I resist the urge to snort and say,
"May. This is the Selection. Maxon can date other girls too." She looks rather disappointed and I can't help feeling the same way.
"Well, I gotta go Ames. Mom and Dad are expecting me in like, 5 minutes." I nod and she flies out of the room. Turning around, I see that Maxon is still talking with Kriss. Suddenly, they laugh really hard and Maxon stares at Kriss. She grabs his hand and- ugh, I can't watch anymore. There's a knock at the door, and before waiting for me to answer, someone steps in. Aspen. Ugh.
"Mer!" He says. I glare at him and say,
"Don't call me that. Get out." He looks confused at first but then slinks away. Then he grabs my wrists and pulls me close to him.
"I still love you, Mer," he sighs. Suddenly, I feel like slapping him. But I don't.
"I don't give a damn, Aspen. Now. get. out!" I yell. Then I remember that Maxon is still outside with Kriss. Part of me hopes he hears me, part of me hopes he doesn't. Aspen looks depressed.
"Ame-"
"GET OUT!" I scream so loudly that there's no way Maxon didn't hear me. Aspen then pulls me close and kisses me. I struggle, but he's too strong for me. Eventually, I push him away, but the force pushed me backwards. I fall out onto my balcony. Aspen rushes toward me again but I push him away before he can do anything. Of course, I'm in high heels, so then I trip over my own feet and fall backwards. My head slams into the balcony railing and I groan. In the distance, I can hear Kriss shrieking,
"Oh my God! What's going on?" Then Maxon screams,
"America! America!" My head is throbbing too hard and it hurts to open my jaw. Then I see him again. Aspen the jerk.
"Leave. Me. Alone," I hiss at him. My vision is starting to go black and I know I'm going to regret this. But, I'm going to do it anyway. I stand up and grip the handrails tightly. Maxon is yelling,
"America who is that?" Then I realize that Maxon and Kriss can probably see Aspen. Tears fall down my face. Pain sears my body.
"America-"
"LEAVE!" I shriek at Aspen.
"YOU ARE A MORON! I HATE YOU! GET OUT!!!" After my little speech, my head spins and I collapse on the floor.

***********************************
(5 Hours Later)
"America? America?" Someone says softly. I groan and open my eyes.
"May?" I ask.
"You're ok!" She squeals. I hold out my arms and she runs into them, hugging me.
"May.. Do you know what happened?" She pulls away and nods.
"Maxon knows everything. He fired the guard that attacked you." Good, Aspen's gone.
"What does he think of me?"
"He thinks you were defending yourself. Kriss feels the same way." A nurse walks in and says,
"You'll be ok. We already checked you for a concussion, and by some miracle, you don't have one." I sigh in relief. The nurse continues,
"You'll be let out later." I nod and she walks out. May hugs me again.
"We're leaving today," she says softly. I automatically know who she is referring to. My family.
"Will I get to say goodbye?"
"Of course, silly!" She giggles and runs out of the room. A different nurse soon comes in and dismisses me. I immediately go to say goodbye to my family.
"Kitten!" My father smiles. I run into his arms and stay there. When he lets go, I hug my mother along with May. Kenna wasn't here because of her baby.
"Tell Kenna I said hi!" I tell them. Then I go to Kriss's room. She lets me in and we talk for awhile. And then we work on our project.
"You know, the English are coming in a few days," she says.
"Yes, I know. I'm so nervous. There's already been one banquet and, well, I kind of hope ours is the best." I tell her. Kriss laughs nervously and says,
"Yes, me too. But we are almost done planning so I don't think there's anything to worry about." We end up working for the rest of the day and we actually finish the project. It feels like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. Kriss and I agree to go look for Silvia. We find her in the Ladies' Room, as usual.
"Silvia?" I ask. She turns around from what she was doing.
"Yes?"
"When are the English coming?" Silvia looks out into the distance for a moment and then says,
"In 3 days." Kriss sighs and then we run out of the room.
"I'm so bored!" She complains. For a second, I want to ask her why, since she was with Maxon earlier, but then I bite my tongue. That would be rude.
"Maybe we should check over our project?" I suggest. Kriss nods and we go back to her room.
"I think we should either give all of our plans to Silvia or put them in your room." She says. I look at her confusedly and she sighs again.
"I'm not very responsible with this stuff."
"Oh, ok. I'll take it then."

Sorry that was a lame ending. Next chapter is going to take place 3 days later, at the banquet for the English. Anyway..:) Comment, vote, follow!