Chapter 3

A/N:
Thank you so much to the people who have been supporting and commenting and voting and reading!! I really appreciate all the feedback! I've been trying to update every day but this weekend I may be a little slow with it since I'm going to be really busy. but I will try my best!!:)

(Maxon's POV)

When I wake up from my slumber, my mother's face is the first I see.
"What are you doing here?" I ask, trying not to sound rude.
"Get dressed and come down to the hospital ASAP!! It's really urgent!" She responds. I start to suddenly get really nervous and anxious, obviously something is amiss. I shoo my mother out of the room and get dressed in the first thing that I see. I grab some socks and shoes and throw them on. I literally sprint all the way to the hospital. When I get there, I'm meet with a sight that makes me want to cringe. My father is here, unconscious and injured. I turn to the first nurse I see and ask her all the questions that come to mind.
"What happened? Is he going to be OK? Was anybody else hurt?"
"We don't know, sir. One of the maids found these 2 unconscious in the kitchen near the fridge. Only they know what happened!" She pointed to another door and I opened it slightly and saw America laying on one of the beds. My father and America hurt?! Its only the first day of the selection!!!
"However, the king should be ok, he only has a few minor bruises. America wasn't as lucky, but she will recover as she only broke her arm." Ah, I think to myself, that explains the long cast going down her arm.
"Nobody else was hurt, though. Just shaken. All we know was that there was a loud bang and a scream and then it was over, um, sir." The nurse said. I was relived and angered at the same time. Relived that nobody else got hurt and that dad and America were going to be ok. But I was EXTREMELY angry at whoever did this to them. Then I realized how I could find out: The security cameras. Normally, I don't have access to these but I think that right now I would be able to go in the room as it is a special circumstance. As I walk through the corridor, I am feeling paranoid. Everybody looks guilty to me and I just want to go to everybody asking who did it, why.. That's when I run into my mother.
"I was just looking for you, honey. The hospital says your father just woke up and wants to see you." She says. Forget the security cameras, I'm going down to dad! When I get there, my father says,
"Maxon! I'm so glad you're safe!"
"What are you talking about?"
I was just about to question my father about what he meant when he got a really worried look on his face.
"Maxon?"
"Yeah?"
"Is Lady America OK? She was with me when... when.."
Suddenly my father gets a distant and angered look.
"It was them! I knew it!"
"What are you talking about?" I ask.
"The rebels. The Northerners. I think their plan was to take a more quiet approach and to find whatever they wanted without drawing any attention to themselves. So they saw us and panicked. I guess they knocked down the fridge because then it knocked down a lot of other things, too. And then, maybe, they left?" My father gets really quiet.
"I hope America is OK. She was with me. She hasn't even been here a day and she's already hospitalized. I feel so bad." My father says.
"It'll be OK, dad."
"Is she conscious yet?"
"No."
"Ok. Can you tell me when she is? And when you're done with me can you check the security cameras and then go down to the rest of the girls? That would be great."
"Yup, see ya dad."
I take one last look at America and start to walk back to the security camera room. On my way there I ask my mother for the keys and then tell her it was a request from dad. When I get to the room, I unlock it and step inside. The amount of screens for the monitoring is amazing. There's a tape on the desk that shows last night's ruckus. I pick it up and load it into a computer. After I watch the video, my jaw drops in shock. How, why..?

Vote, Comment, Feedback!! Sorry this chapter is a little shorter I will definitely make the next one much longer! I think I will be able to update at least 2 times before the weekend, possibly more depending on the weather. I hope you enjoyed this chapter!!!!!;) Oh one last thing please recommend a pov for the next chapter in the comments!! Thanks!