Chapter 26

A/N:
2 Chapters Left!!!
Also this chapter is dedicated to all of my followers, thanks so much for your support!!!!!:)

(Maxon's POV- It's the day after the Halloween Ball around 4 pm)
I am literally floating on cloud nine. No joke. America's father gave me permission to marry her!!! Oh my gosh. I think I'm hyperventilating from excitement!!!!!! My parents will approve of my choice, I know it. My mother loves America because she knows that America makes me happy. My father and America are kind of bonded from that first rebel attack... The one in the kitchen. He loves her too. I know she'll be the perfect daughter-in-law. I know it. America's family is also quite charming. Her father has a wonderful sense of humor, and I feel like we've already bonded and become accustomed to being almost family. Her mother is really stern with May and America around me but you can tell she is really light-hearted other than that. And May, well, she's going to be the most fun sister-in-law ever!! She's charming, funny, and outgoing. Seriously, I think I've already accepted America's family as my own. I so badly want to end the selection, but my mom says that it would look better to the public if we dragged out the suspense. I danced with America for the rest of the night for the Halloween Ball and then everybody had gone to bed. Then, the next morning, it was breakfast in bed. I was playing games with my family all morning until around 3:45. After that, I had decided that I was going to visit America. Right now, she is talking excitedly about her family. I think.
"Maxon. Maxon! Are you even listening?" She asks.
"Of course I am!" I tell her. She smirks and says,
"Ok, then what was I just talking about?" I sighed in defeat and said,
"Umm... Your family?"
"No! Ugh..." I'm thinking about how cute she looks when she's frustrated or embarrassed. Then suddenly she looks at me strangely.
"What?" I ask.
"I look cute when I'm frustrated or embarrassed? Really?" Oops. I guess I said it out loud. I open my mouth to say something but then there's a loud knock at the door.
"America! America!" It's her sister, May.
"See ya, America. Have fun with your sister."
"You aren't going anywhere!" She commands and blocks the doorway. Then she opens the door for May. When May sees me in the room she does a little happy dance.
"Prince Maxon!" She squeals at me.
"Oh. My. Gosh." May starts to hyperventilate but America calms her down.
"So. Just the 3 of us. We could play a game?" America suggests. I nod and May jumps up and down excitedly.
"We could do a card game," I suggest.
"Noooo.. I suck at those," America groans. May laughs and agrees with her.
"Hey! I'm offended!" America said to May, pretending to be offended.
"Oh! Oh! I know!"May jumps up and down excitedly (again.) I wonder if she ever gets tired.
"We could play dress up!" May yells. America groans inwardly and I laugh out loud.
"May, just. no." America says. At this point I'm laughing so hard my stomach hurts. America shoots me a look and I can't stand it anymore. I lean over and lightly kiss her lips. At first, she's surprised, but then kisses me back.
"EW! NO! NOT WHILE I'M HERE!" May yells frantically. I pull away and America laughs.
"What happened to my boy-crazy May?" May blushes and ducks her head.
"Well guys, I have to go. My parents are expecting me." With that, I run out of the room. My parents weren't actually expecting me but it was the only thing I could say to get out of there. Not that I wanted to leave. I just want to daydream about my future with America without any noise. I go to my room and look at all the pictures I've painted. Then I decide that I'm going to paint a picture of America.

***********************************
When I'm finished, I stand back and look at my masterpiece. Even I have to admit it's really good. I turn my head to the clock and see that it's dinner time. I put on my dinner outfit and run downstairs. When I get there, everybody is already there. In fact, my father is announcing something.
"-And so, because the first royal family is coming early tomorrow around 11, you are expected to be on your best behavior. The girls who are hosting this event are the only ones who should be at the event. Everybody else should be working on their project." He then sits down, and dinner is served. It's delicious. After dinner, the girls work on their projects again. My father pulls me over and says,
"You are going to be with me and your mother at the event tomorrow. Dress as nicely as possible." I nod and run down to the kitchen. Then, I spot the head chef, Manda.
"Hello, Maxon, how are you doing today?" She asks.
"Very well, thank you. Do you know what's on the menu for tomorrow?" I ask. The only reason I want to know is so I know what I'm going to grab when I get to the buffet or whatever they are doing so I don't look 'rude,' as my parents would say.
"The girls arranged a seafood theme." Manda says. Perfect. Seafood is my favorite.
"Which group of girls is it?" She might not know, but then again, it doesn't hurt to ask.
"Lady Celeste-" I zone off from there. At that point, I don't care who else is in that group. I feel bad for them, honestly, because she probably took charge of the entire project.
"Thanks," I say when she's done. Then I run out and down to the gardens. When I get there, a voice that's not my parents or America's calls me...

Please comment, vote, and follow!! The next update will be a lot faster than this one, I promise!!