The Selection (Where the King is Nice)

Author's Note:
Ok so first off I want to say that all Selection characters and plot lines and whatever are all copyright Kiera Cass! Everything is hers except for whatever characters i make up myself. Thanks:)
I'm going to start off where Maxon sees all the girls arrive at the castle, since the announcing of the selected girls would be the same as any other Selection book out there.

(Maxon's POV)

I stood there on the balcony nervously staring out at all the girls. I couldn't stop myself from thinking, will I find the right one here? Will she truly love me or will she just want me for the crown? Will I make the right decision? As more girls come to the castle, I get more and more nervous. I glance out the window again and one girl in particular catches my eye: she has beautiful fiery red hair and sparkling ocean-blue eyes. She seems to stand out from the rest, and then I remember why. When her name was announced when they called the selected girls, she looked so.. I don't know.. In love. Happy. Like she just had the best day of her life. More and more girls come in but all I can think about is the girl with the red hair. Then I think of something. I go find my father. He's in his bedroom, reading a book. (Wow, he never does that.)
"Father?" I ask. My father looks up from his book, surprised.
"Yes son, what do you need?" He asks. I take a deep breath and ask,
"Could I take a look at all the files of the selected girls by any chance?"
"Of course, but can I ask why?" He replies. I smile, trying to look convincing.
"I just want to get a feel for all of the girls before I see them. Get to know them a little bit. I don't know, I just want to be able to see a girl and not think, wow I have no idea about her yet she is staying at the palace!" My father looks up, smiling gently.
"Of course, they are right over there." He points to his dresser and then I see them. I grab them and make a run for it. When I get to my room, I look for the red-haired girl. Finally I see it: America, it reads. I look over her profile some more and realize, wow. I think I'm totally in love with her. That final thought swirls around in my head as I take a well deserved nap....

(2 Hours Later)

I wake up with a long stretch of my arms. That's when I hear a faint knock on my door.
"Come in!" I yell. My maid, Allie, steps in.
"Sir, you are requested to be at dinner." I look over at my clock and mentally slap myself. I was half an hour late to dinner!!
"Thanks!" I tell Allie, who leaves after I thank her again for waking me. I can't believe I slept in like that! Since I have zero time, I run over to my closet and pick out the first fancy thing that I see: a tuxedo. Oh well, I think, it's better than nothing. I quickly put on my clothes and run down to dinner as quickly as I can, leaving a few guards looking slightly bewildered. Ha, I think to myself, it's not every day you see a royal running down the halls when he's supposed to be at dinner! As I step into the dining hall, my father snaps,
"You're late."
"Sorry, sorry!" I respond. My mother looks over at me.
"The selected girls arrived today. They already ate in this room earlier. That's why we had to push our dinner a little bit later, as you know. Before dinner the Help cleaned up the room. You will be able to see the selected girls tomorrow." She says. I sigh. Mom looks over at me again and says,
"Is there something wrong?"
"No.. I'm just really nervous for meeting the girls, that's all." I respond. Dad laughs and says,
"I felt the same EXACT way when I had my selection. But the first time you see them also wipes away your fears." I try not to look confused while I eat the rest of my dinner. When dessert comes out, my mind wanders back to that America girl again. She's so beautiful.. I really hope she came here for me and not the crown. She's the first one I'm going to talk to tomorrow, I decide. After I finish my dessert of strawberry tarts with strawberry ice cream on the side, I start to head to my room to read some more about the girls I have to meet and to get some rest. (I've barely gotten any sleep over the last few days as I've been extremely nervous.) As I turn the corner, I hear shouting.
"Please, please let me get some air! I feel faint!" Someone says. Someone else, probably a guard, says,
"Miss, you shouldn't be out here. Go inside and get your rest. Tomorrow's going to be a big day as you are going to meet the prince."
"Please, I just want fresh air, the air in my room is stuffy, please just let me stay!!"
"Miss-"
"THAT'S ENOUGH!" I bellow at the guard.
"Go inside. I will take care of this."
"But sir-" the guard says but I cut him off.
"Leave, officer."
"Yes, sir.." He says reluctantly and trudges toward the door. I look at the girl I defended and realized... It was America! oh my gosh. What do I say?
"Thank you." She says. I reply with,
"You're welcome, my dear." She glares at me and growls,
"I am NOT your dear!!" I was taken back.
"Fine. But who are you?" I ask. Obviously I already knew her name but I didn't want to seem like a creepy stalker.
"America." She keeps glaring at me, I am about to say something when-
"Look, I'm just going to cut to the chase. I really don't want to be here, I didn't want to come, the only reason I'm here is because of my pushy family." She pauses and gulps, looking like she wanted to say something else about her reason of being here. But she continues,
"However, I can help you out with the girls and help you see who's in for it for you or who's in for it for the crown. I'm around them almost all day, so I would know." A feeling of relief surges through me, I was so worried about that!
"Please do so."
"We can just be.. friends."
"Ok, my dear."
"I told you not to call me that!" she yelled, but still smiled awkwardly.
"See ya, Lady America!" I say as I walk back to my room. I smile to myself as I think, she's amazing. Spunky and fiery, but.. amazing. I keep thinking about America as I slowly drift to sleep....

Vote, Comment, tell me how I'm doing!!;)