Chapter 22

A/N:
6 chapter left! I also want to thank all my readers. I'm almost at 1,000 reads!!!! Thanks guys!!!!!!

(Maxon's POV)
I still can't believe that America got better so fast. It was only 2 days ago that we saved her, and she had some pretty major wounds. She didn't even want to leave the castle, either! That's one of the things I love about America. She's stubborn in a good way, strong, encouraging, and so much more. I hate the fact that she won't be out of the hospital for another 5 days, but what can I do? At least she'll be out by the time the Halloween party comes around. I go over to my closet and grab a nice suit for breakfast that morning. The girls are resuming the project today. I assume that Kriss is going to have to go to the hospital to work on it with America.
"Maxon, dear, it's time for breakfast!" My mother yells to me. I grab my shoes, put them on, and fly out the door. When I get there, my dad is already at the table. He smiles and pats the chair as if to gesture, sit here. It feels good to come to breakfast today, and I feel like something good is going to happen. Marlee is giddily talking to Kriss, and all the girls are chatting to each other. Then, one of the royal advisors comes in and says,
"I have an important announcement to make." Every one nods for him to continue.
"We have a very special guest for breakfast today." My parents' eyebrows raise in confusion.
"Bring them in," I say. The advisor ushers someone in and I see her. Everybody gasps. And then everybody is screaming in joy. Except for one face: Celeste. I make a mental note to eliminate her next elimination.
"America!" I yell in joy. She smiles a beautiful smile and says,
"Hi guys!" Marlee jumps up and shrieks,
"Oh! Oh! Sit here!" She points to a chair next to her. Kriss nods her head profusely. And then, the entire room bursts into applause. The maids, the girls, my parents, everybody- applauds America for her stunning recovery. All throughout breakfast, all of the girls are swarming America. Except for, of course, Celeste. When breakfast is let out, everybody goes their own ways. America is surrounded by Kriss, Marlee, and Elise. She's smiling and laughing with them so I decide not to bother them.
"Maxon?" I turn around and see my mother beaming at me.
"Hm?" She looks excited to tell me something.
"What are you going to wear for the Halloween Ball?" Ah, yes, I remember. Everybody has to have a costume. I was thinking of a pirate but I wasn't sure where I could get a costume.
"I was thinking.. A pirate?" My mother, being her, squeals.
"Oh my gosh! Yes! I could have my maid sew it for you!" Well, that solves my problem.
"That'd be great." I turn and walk out of the room. I head down the corridors to America's quarters. I know she won't be there, but I can surprise her when she does show up. Her maids, to say the least, are surprised when I show up.
"Um, uh, sir!" They perform a miss-timed bow.
"No need to bow. I'm just going to wait here for America." They offer to leave but I actually ask them to stay. We talk about the palace life and what not for an hour. We even end up playing card games- which I fail miserable at. Lucy laughs and says,
"America thinks she's bad at cards, too. You guys should play together sometime- see who's the winner of the losers." I laugh at Lucy's comment. As the previous hour had gone by, Lucy had opened herself more and more as she got more comfortable. I liked when the maids spoke freely. Thats when America bursts in panting. Her eyes widen when she sees me. The maids and I burst out laughing at her expression.
"Why... Are.....You.....Here?" She asks in between breaths.
"Oh, just visiting," I smirk. Then Mary says,
"Oh, I think we were working on a dress earlier. We should go finish it." The other maids agree and scurry out of the room, leaving me and America by ourselves.
"Sooooo." I say.
"Just..... Need.... To...... Catch.... Breath." I snicker and say,
"What exactly were you doing?"
"Racing.... Marlee.... I'm... So..... Slow..." Eventually, she catches her breath and smiles.
"I'm so glad you're here, America." She looks confused for a second and then says,
"Oh yeah... You mean out of the hospital."
"Your surprise at breakfast was quite genius, actually. Nobody was expecting it." She chuckles and says,
"It wasn't actually my idea. My nurse thought it was a good idea." She smiles at the memory, and it lights up her face. Gosh, she's beautiful. I could kiss her right now. In fact, that's what I decide to do. America is a little surprised when I kiss her, but then wraps her arms around my neck. She is the one, I think. The one I want to spend the rest of my life with. I put my arms around her waist. There's a knock at the door and then someone walks in on us....

Please comment and vote! It makes my day! Also I have a cupcake competition tomorrow so wish me luck!!!:)